Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 25, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #27,961 of 41,101
Mar 25, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #27,962 of 41,101
Moving in to my new man cave.IMG_20210325_195343.jpg
Nice!!! My only man cave is in the crawlspace under the house, but I only bump my head occasionally on the floor joists now that I've gotten used to it. :smile:

Mar 25, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #27,963 of 41,101
F30C3F48-D1A9-4C7F-ABC8-CCCDE94918A8.jpeg

Mar 26, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #27,964 of 41,101
8222AF59-EA70-473C-9E34-EBE0B973D980.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #27,965 of 41,101
My last piece came in, an RCA switcher. This is my living room system for the foreseeable future:
20210326_091339~2.jpg

All four amps now have access to the Schiit Loki, if so inclined.

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #27,966 of 41,101
I posted pics of my home office / music room man cave but thought I'd add the mobile setups since they get plenty of my daily ear time as well.

On top of this list is the Audeze LCDi4 for my daily 5-mile hikes through the neighborhood hills and trails. For being alone with nature, music and great expansive sound, this little wonder just can’t be beat.
IMG_0011.jpeg

And here’s my car system: the JH Audio Layla CIEM driven by Chord Mojo. I can’t imagine anything better for the car. It makes the normally stressful commutes around SoCal so much more tolerable and actually quite enjoyable.

IMG_0014.jpeg

And, finally, my pandemic-furloughed trio of the Sennheiser MTW for the gym (weightlifting and racquetball), Sony WH-1000XM3 for business travel, and a waterproofed iPod shuffle and Underwater Audio waterproof earbuds for lap swimming. I have to admit that I miss using them but mainly I miss these activities that had to be abruptly abandoned a little over a year ago.

IMG_2075.jpeg

Mar 26, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #27,968 of 41,101
Nice!!! My only man cave is in the crawlspace under the house, but I only bump my head occasionally on the floor joists now that I've gotten used to it. :smile:
Before me and my wife moved here we lived in a much smaller house where my listening space was in the laundry room. When i stretched my legs out my feet were inside the washing machine! I wish I had taken a photo for comparison^_^

Mar 26, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #27,969 of 41,101
Mar 26, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #27,970 of 41,101
I posted pics of my home office / music room man cave but thought I'd add the mobile setups since they get plenty of my daily ear time as well.

On top of this list is the Audeze LCDi4 for my daily 5-mile hikes through the neighborhood hills and trails. For being alone with nature, music and great expansive sound, this little wonder just can’t be beat.

And here’s my car system: the JH Audio Layla CIEM driven by Chord Mojo. I can’t imagine anything better for the car. It makes the normally stressful commutes around SoCal so much more tolerable and actually quite enjoyable.

And, finally, my pandemic-furloughed trio of the Sennheiser MTW for the gym (weightlifting and racquetball), Sony WH-1000XM3 for business travel, and a waterproofed iPod shuffle and Underwater Audio waterproof earbuds for lap swimming. I have to admit that I miss using them but mainly I miss these activities that had to be abruptly abandoned a little over a year ago.

I don’t want to sound preachy, but I would seriously advise against wearing CIEMs whilst driving.

Here in Germany it’s very illegal.

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #27,971 of 41,101
I don’t want to sound preachy, but I would seriously advise against wearing CIEMs whilst driving.

Yes, not the safest driving practice but I only use it for long freeway drives through routes I'm very familiar with. Over here, it's quite common and you see drivers with the familiar AirPods sticking out of their ears all the time. It's not legal here either per se, but they don't really crack down on it here. It is legal to have one ear with a Bluetooth ear bud for phone usage so, if people see a cop, they just take the other one out.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #27,972 of 41,101
Yes, not the safest driving practice but I only use it for long freeway drives through routes I'm very familiar with. Over here, it's quite common and you see drivers with the familiar AirPods sticking out of their ears all the time. It's not legal here either per se, but they don't really crack down on it here. It is legal to have one ear with a Bluetooth ear bud for phone usage so, if people see a cop, they just the other one out.
I think I remember reading about TWS earphones that were designed for use in motorcycle helmets...

Mar 26, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #27,973 of 41,101
I think I remember reading about TWS earphones that were designed for use in motorcycle helmets...
I’m not gonna lie, I’ve definitely used IEMs under my helmet when riding a motorcycle. Not safe, but deaf people can drive without hearing outside sounds though, right? :thinking:

Mar 26, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #27,974 of 41,101

Yes, not the safest driving practice but I only use it for long freeway drives through routes I'm very familiar with. Over here, it's quite common and you see drivers with the familiar AirPods sticking out of their ears all the time. It's not legal here either per se, but they don't really crack down on it here. It is legal to have one ear with a Bluetooth ear bud for phone usage so, if people see a cop, they just take the other one out.

@CJG888 - in SoCal (South California), CIEMs in your ears while driving is the least of your concerns... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back