Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #2,701 of 41,148
Is that a DBZ wallet i spot? :beerchug:

yup. vegeta. my favorite character. i had it since i was little where DBZ finally hit the states and toonami was still around. still one of my favorite shows even to this day.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #2,703 of 41,148
He missed the Metroid Fusion GBA cartridge next to it. Mine quit saving :/ Love that game

good eyes.i loved it as well but i haven't played it in awhile. been a big metroid fan since the NES days.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #2,704 of 41,148

Quote:
i decided to clean up a bit and it's time for me to cover my table with something and find something else i can make a mess on when i do my DIY projects cause the table is very old and made of nice filipinio mahogany and i made enough solder marks on it and scratches from working on it and since it's my main desk as well,i tried to make it half decent looking.

A little while ago I picked up a cultured marble slab (like the sort of stuff they make bathroom counters out of) at a garage sale and have been meaning to turn it into a worktable. I figure that should be pretty well scratch/burn resistant unless I do something really stupid...

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #2,705 of 41,148
Just moved in to a new place and got the computer/head-fi equipment setup. Here's a few shots:

There are a few more pictures in my profile album. Also, please ignore the decor...I moved into my sister's old house, and the room was my nephew's. My mother painted it, and wasn't ready to have it covered. 
redface.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #2,707 of 41,148
A little while ago I picked up a cultured marble slab (like the sort of stuff they make bathroom counters out of) at a garage sale and have been meaning to turn it into a worktable. I figure that should be pretty well scratch/burn resistant unless I do something really stupid...

marble sounds like a great idea. i will look into that. maybe local home dept or something cuts marble maybe. i have to find out. thanks for the advice! i would of never thought of that.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #2,709 of 41,148
The only thing to look out for with marble is that it can stain pretty easily. ( or is that granite?). Probably a good place to look would be kitchen bench top companies. They may have off cuts etc that are big enough...

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #2,710 of 41,148
Beautiful!! I'd love that setup.

Quote:
Just moved in to a new place and got the computer/head-fi equipment setup. Here's a few shots:

There are a few more pictures in my profile album. Also, please ignore the decor...I moved into my sister's old house, and the room was my nephew's. My mother painted it, and wasn't ready to have it covered. 
redface.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #2,711 of 41,148

Quote:
The only thing to look out for with marble is that it can stain pretty easily. ( or is that granite?). Probably a good place to look would be kitchen bench top companies. They may have off cuts etc that are big enough...

I think granite is the one that stains since it is porous.

On a tangential note, every day on my way home from work I pass by a place that sells the formed kitchen/bathrom countertops. I keep wanting to drive in and ask if they have any b-stock bathroom sink counters, so I can mount a speaker into it (the sink curvature would make a natural horn right? heh)

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #2,712 of 41,148
Quote:
i decided to clean up a bit and it's time for me to cover my table with something and find something else i can make a mess on when i do my DIY projects cause the table is very old and made of nice filipinio mahogany and i made enough solder marks on it and scratches from working on it and since it's my main desk as well,i tried to make it half decent looking.

not all my headphones,but basically main ones i use all the time. also i guess i'm getting better at taking pics(even though it's from a crappy phone cam. seems though it can't capture dark reds very well and makes it look lighter).

Digging all the custom cables
beerchug.gif

Quote:

redface.gif

Nice setup, in music heaven it looks like.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #2,714 of 41,148
Quote:
That set up look fantastic...

Quote:
Beautiful!! I'd love that setup.

Quote:

Nice setup, in music heaven it looks like.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Quote:
Drooling over this Beta22!

Thanks! I took some design elements (liberally) from the group build conducted here a while back. I'll add some more pictures of the insides on my profile album this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back