Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 25, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #18,767 of 41,248
It's actually a 2x12 vertical. It's hand built from scratch. It's loosely based off a 50's era Fender 5e3 circuit, much greater power. The cab is large. It is very efficient and houses a Celestion green back on top and a high power JBL, I forget the model, on the bottom. The thing will rattle your teeth but can get a nice Jazz tone too if you roll back the guitars volume. 

It was something I always wanted to do. The cabinet ended up looking, well, not as good as I intended. I am building another one right now based off a 70's era Marshal JCM800.

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #18,768 of 41,248
  It's actually a 2x12 vertical. It's hand built from scratch. It's loosely based off a 50's era Fender 5e3 circuit, much greater power. The cab is large. It is very efficient and houses a Celestion green back on top and a high power JBL, I forget the model, on the bottom. The thing will rattle your teeth but can get a nice Jazz tone too if you roll back the guitars volume. 

It was something I always wanted to do. The cabinet ended up looking, well, not as good as I intended. I am building another one right now based off a 70's era Marshal JCM800.

So the head on top of the 2x12 is a tweed Bassman variant?

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #18,769 of 41,248

That's awesome. I was looking at getting a 2x12 once I buy a house after college graduation, don't think the apartment neighbors would appreciate the noise haha. Thinking a decent 2x12 with a little tube head like that 20watt Valveking would be plenty fun.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #18,771 of 41,248
I am all about the small combo these days. Tube amps need to be turned up to sound their best. It sounds much better to have a small tube amp cranked than a large tube amp on 2. Peavey makes some nice stuff. I've owned a couple of their 4x10 classics.

Sep 25, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #18,778 of 41,248

Users who are viewing this thread

Back