Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Aug 1, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #621 of 639
Found a use for that aluminum/steel clamp I made in college!

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #622 of 639
Hello all.  I'm delighted with my new headphone stand and wanted to share some pics of it.  I took some time looking for one just right and finally found what I was after from an ebay seller onestopvinyl.  He hand-makes them in Wales and the finish and quality of the wood is superb.  I was after a stand that would compliment my grados well and I think the solid mahogany does just that.  I cant stop looking at it!!

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #623 of 639
Here's mine which is a work in progress, from a recycled Apple Cinema Display stand.
I hated short headphone stands and this fits the bill great without spending $100 on a gourmet stand

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #624 of 639
DIMON HELL, that is a fantastic design!!  It is absolute poetry and the cord "tray" on the bottom of the stand literally had me in tears at its brilliance. 

I sincerely think you have something there.  I do suggest you look into producing that before the Chinese pirates steal it! : )
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #625 of 639
From the front:

Rear view, note the jack receptacles:

Headphone stand back to back:

HeadphoneTree_5724.jpg

I think this is probably the best looking headphone stand I've ever seen.  I just ordered some cheapo headphone hangers off ebay.  I think they'll work alright but nothing compared to this.

Nov 15, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #629 of 639
I have five locations at home where - depending on circumstances like lighting, noise, temperature, mood, etc - I like to listen to music so I need a "semi-portable" headphone setup.  After struggling with moving separate pieces of equipment around for the last few years I finally found this nice little stand on Amazon for less than $20. (It's sold as a telephone stand.) Just the right height to use next to a comfy chair. Added a stick-on headphone hanger - also found on Amazon - and I have a setup that lets my Squeezebox streamer, amp/DAC, and phones become a single unit that can be relocated easily and quickly.

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #630 of 639

This is a pair of solid mahagony table lamp stands salvage from my store room recently. They can rotate 360^.:wink: Weighing 1.5kg each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back