Should i sell both my FA eterna's v1 and v2 for FA's dba-02?
Sep 17, 2010 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Nawawa

100+ Head-Fier
i mean i love the v1s and v2. but i doubt the v1 would last me any longer since its already a year old.
Is this a good investment or should i stick with it.

Btw, i also have Brainwavz M2 but i love those i don't think i'll sell them.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 16
well if your happy then no reason to hurt a good thing... Also the dbas are on the other end of the spectrum, they are balanced all the way through and analytical. So they have great clarity but going from them to the dbas will take some time to get used to them with the lack of bass and bright airy sound.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 16
Lack of bass? That means the eterna's are more bassier than dba-02? Cause i'm still new to this. And sound is very subjective so it's like does putting in more money means better stuff?

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #4 of 16
Eterna is a very bassy earphone and not the most accurate. DBA-02 is more of a neutral earphone and has much less bass than the Eterna although most earphones have less bass than the Eterna.

It depends on what you want as all earphones have different sound signatures. Also just because the v1 is 1 year old does not mean it is going to fail. If you took good care of it then it should last a long time.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 16
i see that you are selling your v1s too?
biggrin.gif

Cause over the years i have been into iems less than $50 which honestly dont last me longer than 3 months??
I'm new to this so if i can afford to upgrade why not.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 16
price tag doesnt matter- but preference does. What I like does not mean you will like. For instance a recently met up with inks and he preferred the m1 to it. Mind you the m1 can be had for about 30-40 dollars.  So dont buy in to just hype and big price tags without looking in to it. I recommend you read up on reviews and such to get a sense of what they will sound like- and then you can make a more educated and rewarding purchase. The search bar is your friend. Also here is a list of dba reviews that I have found 

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 16
Yes I am selling my v1. I've barely used it in the last 2-3 weeks and don't see that changing.

So the real question is are you happy with your Eterna and what are you looking for in an earphone.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 16
also price tag doesnt automatically make it of better build quality... Was just talking with my man dweaver about how much he love the sm3.. But that 400 iem has already broke on him 2 in 3 or so months. But he says in there defense of how he wasnt careful enough with them. So basically if you through your iem around and not be careful with it ie. use a case- then no iem is going to last

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 16
Hallo Nawawa and FAEterna owner people,
I would like to know- Are the Fischer Audio actually made in Russia? or labelled as the same stupid 'made in china' ?
thank you

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
Hallo Nawawa and FAEterna owner people,
I would like to know- Are the Fischer Audio actually made in Russia? or labelled as the same stupid 'made in china' ?
thank you

The factory is in China, and why is 'MIC' must be stupid? Over 90% of all IEM in the market now is made in China.

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 16
I dont think they are labelled as made in china... but they are assembled in china. This is not a bad thing- basically everything you buy has in one way or another has ties relating to china 

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #12 of 16
also I would rather them be built in china as opposed to in russia... How many things you own were made in russia? Now do you even know how many things were made in china. I feel chinas track record is alittle better 
wink_face.gif
/

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #13 of 16
hallo Tacomn hallo Cleos,
Thank you for telling. Whenever someone speaks about chinese products, people come over to flaunt EU and US quality, and when against chinese make, people come over to praise it. Thats what is happening.
I am sorry, but I found almost many chinese products perform cheaper than the Japanese and EU makes. Even Malasia, Taiwan and singapore(make or assembled) turned out to be better.
But as if you say so, the conditions might have improved by now.

thank you

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 16
Just so you know, some of the flagship models from the most well known IEM brand are made in China, i.e. Westone 3, Triple.fi 10, SE535, IE8. Phonak even has a factory in Vietnam where they manufacture their Audeo PFE. In the current globalized economy, where a company decide to produce their product doesn't equal to the build quality directly. It is about quality control, not location.

Sep 18, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #15 of 16
Not to fuel this type of discussion in an IEM thread anymore, but China is the factory of the world-good or bad.  I remember a day when people made similar comments about Japanese products, and now look at them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back