Should I get skullcandy Skullcrushers or somthing else
Dec 17, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 19
Before I bought my D2000's, I never really knew how crappy cool looking headphones could be... until I bought the skullcandy HESH phones....I would HIGHLY recc. saving your bones and get ANYTHING else.

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 19
I wouldn't get skullcandy products. Why? I had skullcandy hesh and they sound ok BUT there durability is nothing. Also they aren't comfy really. All they do is look good lol. I would look at sennheiser hd4xx series for portable(not really but mid-size) or the sennheiser px series. I have the hd438s and they work great for my metal like some overkill, or some arch enemy. But most brands are pretty good just don't get the skullcandies because they broke in 3 weeks for me. Also do some research about some portables or the stickied thread here with the 59 portables might help you out. Ear buds or iems are better for isolation but ussually don't sound as good as headphones but there are exceptions.

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 19
It can't get much worse than Skullcandy. You probably only like Skullcandy because you're used to the earbuds that came with your MP3 player. The best headphones for rock and metal for around that price are the Grado SR60s.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #9 of 19
Skullcandy = FAIL...no matter what model you look at. If you want decent sounding music from your headphones...move on...nothing to see here. Listen to what you are being told...Skullcandy SUCKS.

And before you even ask...so does Monster.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:
ok so new choice grado sr60 or in ear skullcandy titans? (in ear earbuds)

I personally would consider other in ear options. In general you'll get better performance from full-size headphones than you will from IEMs.

The SR60s are a gateway drug into this hobby and a good bang for the buck, however, they do leak a fair amount do to their open nature. Do you need open or closed cans (isolation)?

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
Skullcandy = FAIL...no matter what model you look at. If you want decent sounding music from your headphones...move on...nothing to see here. Listen to what you are being told...Skullcandy SUCKS.

The Turbine line is fairly good, though. But that's all I can say to defend Monster. OP: I recommend you get not-Skullcandy headphones. And include some more details: how are you going to use these headphones? Exactly what kind of rock/metal do you listen to? And are you using them from an iPod or something else? Oh, and most importantly, what's your budget?

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #12 of 19

Quote:

Umm I don't agree with your second statement..some of their stuff is overpriced but not all of them suck..Think the turbine coppers..they have been known to give good sq for lots of people

Dec 18, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 19
Hey, Monster's headphones aren't as bad as Skullcandy's. Monster at least makes the turbines which are good. Skullcandy doesn't do anything right.

(I'll be able to post this with more certainty once I get back a replacement for my defective Monster Miles Davis Tributes...
redface.gif
)

Quote:

Dec 18, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
Quote:
ok so new choice grado sr60 or in ear skullcandy titans? (in ear earbuds)

I personally would consider other in ear options. In general you'll get better performance from full-size headphones than you will from IEMs.

The SR60s are a gateway drug into this hobby and a good bang for the buck, however, they do leak a fair amount do to their open nature. Do you need open or closed cans (isolation)?

I've been listening to my SR60's for a whole week. By that I mean that they are prettymuch on my head 50% of the day. I thought my skullcandy earbuds sounded good. Holycrap was I wrong, the difference is stunning. Unfortunately they are a bit of a gateway drug, here I am a week later modding away (I also tinted my ears slightly black, not all the rit dye washed out of the modified pads I dyed, don't do that). Seriously though its a step I couldn't possibly regret, and although I still have cheap skullcandy earbuds for when i'm somewhere that sound-leakage is a no-no, my skullcandy headphones will probably never be seen again.

The grado is a bit sharp or shrill for some, but can also be modded/fine-tuned to yield the desired response. If you are in noisy environments frequently (frequently enough that you wouldn't be ok with just using whatever earbuds you have laying around now) however, their open design isn't exactly a plus, cus it lets some sound out (bad for librarys) and some sound in (not so good for walking down the street) and in that case, i'll defer to someone with the proper experience and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back