Should Head-Fi use StupidFilter?
Nov 10, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 52
Is it in development?

Laz

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 52
Hahaha I like how all of these comments are from YouTube.

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 52
Would be nice, but I don't think censorship right. I will just choose to ignore the stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha I like how all of these comments are from YouTube.

That's what they used to test it out with. If they used head-fi comments, then they all would be from head-fi -but then there wouldn't be as much..

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 52
The comments on youtube make me worry about our future.

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 52
I voted no, on the basis that some non-native speakers of the English language (myself included) may be inadvertently targeted. Blocking or deleting a post just because a person does not know a foreign language fully is not right IMO.

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The comments on youtube make me worry about our future.

Same here.

There's so much stupidity, immaturity and plain ignorance on that site. StupidFilter REALLY needs to be applied to it.

Head-Fi doesn't need one IMO, since most of us aren't that stupid.
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #12 of 52
I voted no and figured everyone would be smart enough to realize that the poll itself was just a joke. No way could we possibly even consider actually implementing something like this. Oh, the irony.

Interesting. As I was reading the descriptions, I was nodding along. Nod, nod, nod... then boom! This one made me chuckle:

Q: Won't people just try to defeat the filter, the way spammers try to get around spam filtering?

A: We certainly hope they will -- that implies they're no longer generating text statistically likely to be stupid...

That was just beautiful.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #15 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When it becomes available, should HF use StupidFilter?

But then how would we receive threads like these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back