Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650!
Dec 13, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you played any Pokemon music through it?

Report back!
biggrin.gif

Pikachu is quite shocking!

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #32 of 62
just tried em out, they do have a lovely inviting warmth to the sound signature and can understand where the op is coming from when he mentions them in the same sentence as hd650's. Of course they are worlds apart but the underlying sound sig seem to share a similar heritage, at least with regards the black background and overall warmth.

They do seem to be veiled too lol perhaps thats the recession of the highs and mids making itself apparent?

Very nice for stock buds.

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #33 of 62
Substitute "life" for "PAD" and Mrs. Gump is right!

My surprise finds:
Sansa's e130 shipped with V-Moda Bass Freq. IEM
TrekStor iBeat Xtension FM shipped with Sennheiser earbuds (I don't know which model) but sound really good too!

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #34 of 62
Well if the OP is referring to these:
11431d1229043744-shock-discovery-sansa-clip-earphones-sound-like-hd650-buds.jpg

Even my old Senn MX500 buds sound way better. I find the sansa buds muddy (not just the lows the whole sound sig), lacking detail and having no treble to speak of.
ph34r.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the sansa buds muddy (not just the lows the whole sound sig), lacking detail and having no treble to speak of.
ph34r.gif

Absolutely, I dont find anything special with the c-Buds as well.

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #36 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well if the OP is referring to these:
11431d1229043744-shock-discovery-sansa-clip-earphones-sound-like-hd650-buds.jpg

Even my old Senn MX500 buds sound way better. I find the sansa buds muddy (not just the lows the whole sound sig), lacking detail and having no treble to speak of.
ph34r.gif

They must be shipping many versions of buds since mine are completely different from your description. Mine have to much high frequency energy for me, much more than my ESW10JPN. Mine are not veil at all. At first blush they sounded really good then after a while they got really hard to listen too. Mine do have a clarity that a few others have spoken about.

May 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #37 of 62
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I wanted to add my impressions of the Sansa Clip stock earbuds. I use the Shure SE210 primarily and occasionally the Koss KSC75 when I don't want isolation. Lately, I've been using the KSC75 more and more, but I didn't like how I had to turn the volume up to hear anything (using that annoying in-line volume control), and I thought the highs weren't the best. So, I remembered reading this thread and decided to pull my Sansa buds out from the drawer to give them a shot.

This is the kind I have. Now, I'm not the most experienced head-fi listener, but I just thought I'd add my perspective.

-The first thing I noticed was the clarity. Compared to other stock earbuds, especially the iPod buds, these things are pretty clear and are not muffled at all.
-The bass is surprisingly good. I may be biased because I'm used to the Shure SE210s, which are very anemic on the low end, so imagine my surprise when I heard these. For instance, I was listening to "Breakout" by Foo Fighters, and I noticed the bass drum hits during the intro, something I never noticed with the SE210. These can do bass pretty well.
-The highs are a little weak. One of the ways I like to test highs is by playing "Everlong," again by Foo Fighters, because of the high-hats throughout the entire song. They are a little difficult to hear, but I can definitely tell that they're there, so that's better than most buds.
-Another test that I may or may not consider for future purchases is with "She's a Genius" by JET, because there's apparently some high-hat action going on during the chorus, which I never noticed until I played it on Rock Band 2. I played the song on speakers and they are definitely there, but none of the earphones I have can catch it, not even the detail-oriented SE210.
-Separation is okay, but not great, and there are times when the mids cover up some of the highs and lows. For instance, somtimes the bass drum is harder to hear during songs (but the bass guitar is still noticeable).

I haven't seriously listened to classical or soundtrack work with these yet, just as background music. I may do that and update my impressions. Overall, they're great for stock earbuds and a welcome change from the anemic SE210.

May 11, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #38 of 62
Hehe, this thread is a pleasant surprise; I thought I was crazy for thinking that the Sansa earbuds were pretty decent.

May 11, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #39 of 62
Well, this thread convinced me to try out mine. Clarity is fuzzy, but the mids are nicely forward. Nothing near the RE0s, but I could use these for a while.

May 12, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #42 of 62
Actually, they're quite decent. 
With the foams on, they sound veiled but I took the foams off and they actually sound quite good! More transparency and clarity..

..with no bass extension whatsoever :D

May 12, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #43 of 62

Either this is a joke, or you are absolutely crazy.
I have both the sansa clip and the sansa clip plus, and both of their stock sansa earbuds don't sound better than my 3$ Creative EP480 buds, not to mention my other, real headphones.
They do sound listenable, but i really wouldn't call them good, and if this is how the HD650 sounds, thanks for warning us not to buy it.

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #45 of 62
hehe call me a lemming but I just pulled my stock buds out of the bag for the first time and gave them a listen - they're awesome sounding for an afterthought accessory! Now if only I could use them without having to manually hold them against my ears... 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back