Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650!
Dec 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Beyerfan70

100+ Head-Fier
I cannot believe this but i was having a tidy up today and found my phones that were with my sansa clip,so for a laugh i thought i'd open em and see how bad they really were.
To my utter amazement i could not believe how incredible these sounded!
After testing them out with certain pieces of music i was amazed at the separation and clarity of the music and all the time i was trying to think where i had heard the sound sig before.
So i went to my drawer where my 650's have been for the last 9 months and plugged them in and there it was,the same sig.
Comparing the two for about two hours it was seriously difficult to tell them apart.
Ok the bass was a bit wild but it never interfered with the overall sound.
I couldn't believe the soundstage of these things,listening to the new police live cd i could pinpoint the positions so easily.
What a suprise,and kudos to sansa,these things are wonderful.
I kid you not,these sound so natural it really shouldn't be allowed.
Ok zero isolation but for pure sound quality these sound better than iems costing serious money.
I'm absolutely lost for words.

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by mape00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I cannot imagine how well they must sound hooked up to an old playstation!

biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by LWLew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which version Clip earbuds are you referring to? I believe they changed buds on the newer Clips with longer stem versions like the ones that come with the Fuze.

Its from the version 2 clip,8gb.
And they look like the old senn mx400's,just more rounded.

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 62
WOW. Beyerfan, I thought you were pulling a practical joke before I unwrapped my Sansa Clip earbuds (they may be from my Sansa Fuze)....

I have not listened to a pair of stock buds in years. These Sansa Clip buds don't beat my TF10s, but they are seriously impressive for being stock earbuds. Clarity could use some help, highs are recessed, but otherwise, I like the sound signature better than my KSC-75.

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 62
I do remember the Sansa View earbuds sounding better than I ever imagined from stock gear.

Not that they rival any IEMs I have or anything, just that they're impressive for an included accessory.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 62
Which buds are you using? All my Sansas were refurbs and came with a variety of earbuds. The long stick type was the best sounding IIRC, but they hurt my ears for being too large in diameter, the rest are servicable but not awesome.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #12 of 62
The ones on the Sansa View are about an inch long, which I imagine is the "long stick" type. I haven't ordered in a Sansa Fuze yet, which I eventually plan to do, but I'll probably be able to compare the two stock buds whenever I do that (of course if they end up being different buds).

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #14 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its from the version 2 clip,8gb.
And they look like the old senn mx400's,just more rounded.

Do you mean these?

I like them, they fit and stay in my ears well and sound decent enough, but to compare to HD650???

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #15 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean these?

I like them, they fit and stay in my ears well and sound decent enough, but to compare to HD650???

those are the ones I have. I'm not sure if they're the ones Beyer was talking about, but the ones we have certainly sound pretty decent.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back