Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650!
Dec 12, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 62
Actually I use the ones in the picture along with my clip to listen to vocal jazz and the vocals sound quite clear...you cant use them with bass heavy music, but they are very sweet sounding with jazz, very nice separation, and very natural sounding. No cheap tubbiness....

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why were the HD650 in a drawer for 9 months if they are that good?
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean these?

I like them, they fit and stay in my ears well and sound decent enough, but to compare to HD650???

The reason the 650 were in the drawer is because ive been spoilt by my Dt880 and so they never get used.

And yes they are the ones,the sig and the overall sound is seriously reminiscent of the 650.
When you consider they are free it's even more shocking.
I think they are incredible.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #19 of 62
These earphones must suck if they sound like a Senn HD650 driven by a Clip.
eek.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #20 of 62
today i found my old aiwa walkman cassette player and the stock headphones, the one with small drivers and steel headband that feels like it's going to fall apart, the foam pads were falling apart so i did a MOD like every nerdy i mean smart head-fier does by pealing back the pads to remove foam so i get more details and put on some senn yellow foam pads. anyways after all that ingenuity i hooked it up to a gameboy and OMG the sound is utterly incredible! the sound sig is like stax 007!!! granted the bass is wild but vocals are crystal clear and mind blowingly sweet, i just love it.
i think they are incredible.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
today i found my old aiwa walkman cassette player and the stock headphones, the one with small drivers and steel headband that feels like it's going to fall apart, the foam pads were falling apart so i did a MOD like every nerdy i mean smart head-fier does by pealing back the pads to remove foam so i get more details and put on some senn yellow foam pads. anyways after all that ingenuity i hooked it up to a gameboy and OMG the sound is utterly incredible! the sound sig is like stax 007!!! granted the bass is wild but vocals are crystal clear and mind blowingly sweet, i just love it.

Ahahaha.
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #22 of 62
I guess they sound crystal clear like Omega 2 amped by a lightning bolt

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #23 of 62
I'm assuming this comparision was done with driving both phones out of the clip?
eek.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #24 of 62
I own two versions of the sansa buds, one of the long stem versions and one of the shorter more rounded ones. Ive listened to both and neither impress me in the slightest. They sound like typical stock earbuds.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #25 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you played any Pokemon music through it?

Report back!
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #26 of 62
LUI (Listening Under the Influence).

Don't do it, kids. Or teens. Or adults. Hell, nobody should it!

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #27 of 62
i found the stock sansa buds that came with my e280 to be surprisingly good for stock buds... the rebranded sennheisers that came with my iriver were a bit better and my E888s laugh at them but for stock buds they are decent

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #28 of 62
If anyone wants to try for themself, Sellout.woot.com is selling Sansa earbuds for $10 today -- with a "free" 1 gig MP3 player thrown in!
wink.gif

The picture shows the ones we're talking about but they sometimes send different buds.

(today only, USA only, slow $5 shipping)

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #29 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone wants to try for themself, Sellout.woot.com is selling Sansa earbuds for $10 today -- with a "free" 1 gig MP3 player thrown in!
wink.gif

The picture shows the ones we're talking about but they sometimes send different buds.

(today only, USA only, slow $5 shipping)

If you're taking that chance for Sansa buds, this deal is probably better: SanDisk Sansa Express Digital player / radio - 2 GB flash Refurbished - SDMX6R-2048K-A18-R - Buy.com. For a buck or so more, you double the memory with better sound! That's if you looking for the Grail of Sansa buds of course, since they do not sell them outright.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back