Shanling UP5 - Our new flagship portable Bluetooth DAC/AMP
Feb 3, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #902 of 975
I updated the XMOS driver, but I can't neither downgrade the firmware nor flash the same firmware that is currently installed on the device (1.6.3).
I tried on two different computers and on a laptop.
It seems that SHANLING installed protection against firmware downgrading.
And what kind of error is this...
"Error running upgradebin command: Failed to get Child Device Instance for 18(status = 13)"
At the same time, the second up5 that I have is updated without problems both up and down.

img-2023-02-03-18-35-30.png
img-2023-02-03-18-41-48.png

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #906 of 975
I downgraded the firmware version from 1.6.3 to 1.6.2.
Updated the driver to Shanling USB Driver 5.20 (Win 10 only). I ran upgrade.bat and waited 5 minutes, after which the firmware was updated. Wait more time 5 minutes. The version was as in the picture.
Я понизил версию прошивки с 1.6.3 на 1.6.2.
Обновил драйвер на версию Shanling USB Driver 5.20 ( Win 10 only). Запустил upgrade.bat и подождал 5 минут, после чего прошивка обновилась. Подождите больше времени 5 минут. Версия была как на картинке.
3223232-01.png

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #908 of 975
I downgraded the firmware version from 1.6.3 to 1.6.2.
Updated the driver to Shanling USB Driver 5.20 (Win 10 only). I ran upgrade.bat and waited 5 minutes, after which the firmware was updated. Wait more time 5 minutes. The version was as in the picture.
I reinstalled driver version 5.20. It did not help.
Here is the up5 update video.

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #912 of 975
It's sad that there is still no response from Shanling about playback quality in LHDC codec mode and downgrade protection...
There is no donwgrade protection. I asked software team, they do not know why the program shows this error.
Only alternative would be to send the unit to our offices, if you want.

For LHDC, UP5 is using older version of LHDC and we know it's a bit spotty with the newer version.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 4, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #913 of 975
It was issue on the earlier firmware. If you updated to V1.5.6 it shouldn't happen again.

Welp, I didn't use mine for a few months and this sounds like the same issue I'm having, on 1.6.3 no less. Now mine will show a charging animation but it won't turn on anymore. Holding both buttons for "recovery" does nothing either. Is there anything else I can try or is my unit totally bricked now based on what I assume is simply letting it run dry?

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #914 of 975
Welp, I didn't use mine for a few months and this sounds like the same issue I'm having, on 1.6.3 no less. Now mine will show a charging animation but it won't turn on anymore. Holding both buttons for "recovery" does nothing either. Is there anything else I can try or is my unit totally bricked now based on what I assume is simply letting it run dry?
Try by plugging it on a computer and turn it on while plugged. It can work.

Mar 4, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #915 of 975

As best I understand the worst thing you can do for a modern battery powered device is put it away for a while with a low battery such that it eventually drains to absolute zero charge. I believe from there the battery simply cannot be charged.

The zero charge when the device shows as being flat isn’t actually completely zero charge, it is enough to allow it to accept a charge.

The UP5 is slow to charge so if it still shows charging animation just let it sit charging for a few hours or overnight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back