Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Jan 17, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #1,216 of 5,824
One friend told me a story about an audiophile guy and hes super dedication to purist sound ever possible...
Guess what he did lol. He soldered the power cables straight into hes wall power outlets and also soldered hes cables and headphones cables to. Like there is nothing that has plugs or jacks he disassembled everything and soldered it for ever LOL yea yea even the headphones tooo!

He swares it sounds extremely pure and direct lol.

So that is one thing we can do solder our iems straight into M8 lmao

๐Ÿ˜ณ

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #1,217 of 5,824
One friend told me a story about an audiophile guy and hes super dedication to purist sound ever possible...
Guess what he did lol. He soldered the power cables straight into hes wall power outlets and also soldered hes cables and headphones cables to. Like there is nothing that has plugs or jacks he disassembled everything and soldered it for ever LOL yea yea even the headphones tooo!

He swares it sounds extremely pure and direct lol.

So that is one thing we can do solder our iems straight into M8 lmao

Oh and don't forget to ask your power company to pull a dedicated power line/pole to that socket!

icatch-002.jpg

And yes, M8 is still rockin' tonight!

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #1,219 of 5,824
Have you registered your M8 to get official google play store to work? It fixed all my bugs with spotify offeline and I am sure it will fix tidal related issues too
[/QUOTE
How do you do this?

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #1,221 of 5,824
So I've been having a lot of difficulty with the speed and lag of this player-- scanning files, navigating, switching tracks etc. I just successfully installed the Google Play store and installed the Fiio music app and all my difficulties disappeared and the player was as smooth, snappy and quick as I was initially expecting. I think there is an issue with the way the Shanling app indexes files that causes it to bog down or otherwise not act optimally.

Does anyone have any recs for a good non-Shanling app? Do you lose anything SQ wise by not using the Shanling app?

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #1,222 of 5,824
So I've been having a lot of difficulty with the speed and lag of this player-- scanning files, navigating, switching tracks etc. I just successfully installed the Google Play store and installed the Fiio music app and all my difficulties disappeared and the player was as smooth, snappy and quick as I was initially expecting. I think there is an issue with the way the Shanling app indexes files that causes it to bog down or otherwise not act optimally.

Does anyone have any recs for a good non-Shanling app? Do you lose anything SQ wise by not using the Shanling app?

You can try hybi app or nutron as everyone loves it

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #1,223 of 5,824

Non shanling apps can't play dsd natively

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #1,224 of 5,824
So guys after 4 days of listening only to dx300 I decided to make a new small fight to see how and where are things settling in...

And I am going says it again M8 is dope, I really love it. I think I am starting to see why I love it so much thanks having dx300 to do direct caparisons

1 vocals, best ever #$@@&

2 musical and vibrant sound that digs deep and with awesome dynamics!

3 so seductive sound and same time it just pulls you in to the music with eas.

While dx300 is a good dap and also a strong performer, it is not what I get when I hook my M8.

When I set up my M8 its immediately rock n roll! Full speed full tiger tail powers!
Like wow factors and a lot of jumping and having fun!

Dx300 is almost there on that aspect, its like yea nice sound great performance I seem to like it and its not boring at all like R8 but dang when you go back to M8 you immediately realize wo wo yeaa this is it thats so good perfect nailing it !

Again I am more keen toward my M8 then dx300 even tough I like the
Dx300 but boyyy M8 is love and guilty pleasures just like I had with my wm1z woo wooo sexy time ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿคฏ

I want to add also for me shanling has a superior hardware quality vs dx300 and also feels more premium. There is a feel of more robustness and solidity in M8 physical aspects. Also the superb screen and the amazing real leather case that came with M8 is stellar very very premium !

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #1,225 of 5,824
Now sell me Dx300 at 50% depreciation :wink:.
This is what I was thinking since I drive my HD800s, I need more beefy amp, and that is why I am looking toward C9
So guys after 4 days of listening only to dx300 I decided to make a new small fight to see how and where are things settling in...

And I am going says it again M8 is dope, I really love it. I think I am starting to see why I love it so much thanks having dx300 to do direct caparisons

1 vocals, best ever #$@@&

2 musical and vibrant sound that digs deep and with awesome dynamics!

3 so seductive sound and same time it just pulls you in to the music with eas.

While dx300 is a good dap and also a strong performer, it is not what I get when I hook my M8.

When I set up my M8 its immediately rock n roll! Full speed full tiger tail powers!
Like wow factors and a lot of jumping and having fun!

Dx300 is almost there on that aspect, its like yea nice sound great performance I seem to like it and its not boring at all like R8 but dang when you go back to M8 you immediately realize wo wo yeaa this is it thats so good perfect nailing it !

Again I am more keen toward my M8 then dx300 even tough I like the
Dx300 but boyyy M8 is love and guilty pleasures just like I had with my wm1z woo wooo sexy time ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿคฏ

I want to add also for me shanling has a superior hardware quality vs dx300 and also feels more premium. There is a feel of more robustness and solidity in M8 physical aspects. Also the superb screen and the amazing real leather case that came with M8 is stellar very very premium !

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #1,226 of 5,824
@Shanling

Has anyone reported Bluetooth dropouts using LDAC about once every 40 seconds source files are dsf?

No such report, but seems Bluetooth is not really used much by owners of M8.

Can you tell me which LDAC setting and what Bluetooth headphones/speaker are you using?

Can you please tell me how many files you have? Library system in our app is not the most agile.

Using third party apps, there is no support for DSD (only D2P).

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 18, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #1,227 of 5,824
Now sell me Dx300 at 50% depreciation :wink:.
This is what I was thinking since I drive my HD800s, I need more beefy amp, and that is why I am looking toward C9

Hehe can dream for the 50% discount lol
Paid full retail price here !

And I am sure it will fly away quickly ๐Ÿ˜›

C9 is a beefy amp man definitely not gonna work as a portable if you add a dap ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #1,228 of 5,824
Hehe can dream for the 50% discount lol
Paid full retail price here !

And I am sure it will fly away quickly ๐Ÿ˜›

C9 is a beefy amp man definitely not gonna work as a portable if you add a dap ๐Ÿ™ƒ
I was actually thinking that C9 is the sizes of the IPhone 11 Pro Max or dx300, except it is as thick as the Dx220Max. So it definitely can be portable.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #1,229 of 5,824
I was actually thinking that C9 is the sizes of the IPhone 11 Pro Max or dx300, except it is as thick as the Dx220Max. So it definitely can be portable.

Sure!
Only one thing will be scary, when you enter the bank and they agent yells every one to safety he has a bomb! Lmao

Then youl be like C4 has been planted terrorists wins lo lo lo

I am happy with dap and iems. One day there will be desktop performance in small bricks that are transportable. I think M30 is the first as is the dmp z1, we can call dx max too in some sort of that direction.

Well it looks like my path is really aligning toward M30 right ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿพ

I still have the P6 pro to try but I dont think it will win me over unless it does sound ludacrisiously good.
But I already feel that woth my M8! Haha ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,230 of 5,824
Sure!
Only one thing will be scary, when you enter the bank and they agent yells every one to safety he has a bomb! Lmao

Then youl be like C4 has been planted terrorists wins lo lo lo

I am happy with dap and iems. One day there will be desktop performance in small bricks that are transportable. I think M30 is the first as is the dmp z1, we can call dx max too in some sort of that direction.

Well it looks like my path is really aligning toward M30 right ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿพ

I still have the P6 pro to try but I dont think it will win me over unless it does sound ludacrisiously good.
But I already feel that woth my M8! Haha ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

:thumbsup: love the Counter Strike reference...it has been too long since I've heard that soundbyte!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back