Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Mar 6, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,296 of 5,808
A spectacular combo, indeed. This morning I demo'd the Denons with my M8 at K55 in Zürich, along with the T+A Solitaire (need more juice), Empyreans (wow, wider soundstage, but otherwise I preferred the Denons), and Stellias (nice combo, but not necesarily more enjoyable). Will be buying some 9200s!
I loved the Stellia's. Let me say I really loved the Stellia's when I added the Arctic Cables Signum series cable, took it to a new level of dynamic range. IMO, D9200 has found the perfect price to performance ratio.

Mar 6, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #2,297 of 5,808
A spectacular combo, indeed. This morning I demo'd the Denons with my M8 at K55 in Zürich, along with the T+A Solitaire (need more juice), Empyreans (wow, wider soundstage, but otherwise I preferred the Denons), and Stellias (nice combo, but not necesarily more enjoyable). Will be buying some 9200s!
It's sad that K55 don't sell shanling products. I have to order it from USA with expensive taxes.

Mar 6, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2,298 of 5,808
Mar 6, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #2,300 of 5,808
The M8 provides such a wonderful amount of rich body to my Denon D9200, paired with the Arctic Cables Fusion...sipping on coffee and listening to the new Kings of Leon and the new Pat Metheny, nice Saturday morning.
20210306_074907.jpg

Really enjoying the new Metheny album. What a combo with LAGQ. M8 renders the unique colors of each guitar beautifully!

img2969.jpg

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #2,301 of 5,808
Really enjoying the new Metheny album. What a combo with LAGQ. M8 renders the unique colors of each guitar beautifully!

img2969.jpg

😍🤩🥰😱😱😱
My precious ones!!!
Wait what are those eartips I dont recognize those 🤣🤣🤣

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #2,303 of 5,808
😍🤩🥰😱😱😱
My precious ones!!!
Wait what are those eartips I dont recognize those 🤣🤣🤣

Hehehe :ksc75smile: Those are Azla Sedna Eartip hard type. Experimenting with different fits. Another beauty shot of... M8 :ksc75smile:

dsc7194.jpg

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #2,304 of 5,808
Hehehe :ksc75smile: Those are Azla Sedna Eartip hard type. Experimenting with different fits. Another beauty shot of... M8 :ksc75smile:

dsc7194.jpg

Ayayay so pretty all in black and blue!
Those are the blue lagoon Noirs 🥰🤩😍

They look happy 🙂

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #2,305 of 5,808
Ayayay so pretty all in black and blue!
Those are the blue lagoon Noirs 🥰🤩😍

They look happy 🙂

Pretty to look at for sure! Constantly amazed by the note weight, musicality, and details! They are in good hands :beerchug:

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #2,306 of 5,808
Pretty to look at for sure! Constantly amazed by the note weight, musicality, and details! They are in good hands :beerchug:

Enjoy them they deserve full attention and those are special not only cause its a noirs 🙂 but also Vitaly's the Tigers favorite iems 🥰

Mar 7, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #2,307 of 5,808
In the market for a DAP and it seems this may be what I need after reading the vast majority of this thread, but have a few questions and would appreciate any input!

I'd ideally like this to replace my desktop setup of USBridge (MoodeAudio > Audio GD DI20 > D90 > A90 > Arya, this setup is the best sound I've heard to date (pretty new in the audiophile game), am I likely to be underwhelmed by the M8 in comparison? The sheer difference in size between the two setups is what makes me question this.

How about Chord Mojo + Poly using my phone as the screen and broadcasting over Wifi vs the SQ from the M8?

I have no concerns about the speed or beauty of the screen or device, I purely care about SQ.

Thanks

Mar 7, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #2,308 of 5,808
In the market for a DAP and it seems this may be what I need after reading the vast majority of this thread, but have a few questions and would appreciate any input!

I'd ideally like this to replace my desktop setup of USBridge (MoodeAudio > Audio GD DI20 > D90 > A90 > Arya, this setup is the best sound I've heard to date (pretty new in the audiophile game), am I likely to be underwhelmed by the M8 in comparison? The sheer difference in size between the two setups is what makes me question this.

How about Chord Mojo + Poly using my phone as the screen and broadcasting over Wifi vs the SQ from the M8?

I have no concerns about the speed or beauty of the screen or device, I purely care about SQ.

Thanks
I would imagine the M8 would reasonably approximate your desktop system, depending on the headphones. I have the Gustard A18 DAC (AK4499 chip) running into a Massdrop CTH, modded Little Dot II and the headamp section of the German T+A 1520R power amplifier. All single ended. SInce getting the M8, I've gone balanced and not looked back, using Audeze LCD2s, Sines, and my Noble K10s. The other system collects dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back