Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #1,846 of 2,443
Ive just got a M3X and I can't seem to download any apps from APKPure

Im specifically trying to download Play Store, Spotify and Apple Music. I can find them on APKPure but when I touch the download button, the download button goes grey but nothing happens.

Anyone help with this?

Hi friend
Download from APK Pure web version. The app does not work on mine either. From APK Pure Web Version download Google Play Store. For older versions of APK's the Web Version of APK Pure is excellent. Good luck!

Can you two please tell me what APKPure version you have installed? You can find it inside APKpure, in settings.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 29, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #1,847 of 2,443
Most of these are long term issues of our app, which I hope one day will be fixed. Some are just hardware limitations.

Thanks for looking!

Most of the issues are minor, but the ones bothering me a little are:

^ Hopefully these are not a hardware limitations and can be fixed?

(It's funny. Some other DAPs (AP80, R3 Pro) also suffer from cutting the start of the track, but I've never heard a reviewer mention it!)

^ This is proving to be a problem more frequently than I first expected.

Any hope for fixing these ones?

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #1,848 of 2,443
Can you two please tell me what APKPure version you have installed? You can find it inside APKpure, in settings.
Version 3.17.52

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #1,849 of 2,443
3.17.50 build 5611

I don't use it though, I still use the web version of APK pure. The only reason I use even the web version is to get an older version of Amazon HD that is a bit faster.

Apr 29, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #1,850 of 2,443
Thanks for looking!

(It's funny. Some other DAPs (AP80, R3 Pro) also suffer from cutting the start of the track, but I've never heard a reviewer mention it!)

Actually this cutoff issue is surprisingly common.
I've met this issue in Fiio X1 II, Shanling M3s, Q1, M5s, Hiby R3 Pro and so on.
It's a matter of syncronizing the hardware and start of file playback.
There should be some one second delay of playback. But nobody fixed this issue (if met).
Regarding M3X I can recommend using foobar2000 for example. Perfect gapless, no cutoff, it just works as it should.

May 1, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #1,851 of 2,443
3.17.50 build 5611

I don't use it though, I still use the web version of APK pure. The only reason I use even the web version is to get an older version of Amazon HD that is a bit faster.
I have the same issue and the same APKPure build. Latest 1.61 firmware. The install button is either unclickable or gets greyed out after I click it.

Another weird issue is when used as BT receiver from a Win11 machine, it is limited to SBC codec. The same machine when used with BTR5 transmits AAC. @Shanling could you help?

May 3, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #1,852 of 2,443
I’ll ask this question one more time because it’s so frustrating. I have the M3x and when I scan using using any app it’s always missing like 4K songs. Every other day is fine. I even switched sd cards and it still scans and is missing songs. I really want to use this dap but now it just sits bc of this issue. I’ve been using the Hiby r3pro saber instead bc I don’t encounter any issues. Anyone have a clue how to fix this? I also reformatted the whole player but it still does the same thing.

May 3, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #1,853 of 2,443
I’ll ask this question one more time because it’s so frustrating. I have the M3x and when I scan using using any app it’s always missing like 4K songs. Every other day is fine. I even switched sd cards and it still scans and is missing songs. I really want to use this dap but now it just sits bc of this issue. I’ve been using the Hiby r3pro saber instead bc I don’t encounter any issues. Anyone have a clue how to fix this? I also reformatted the whole player but it still does the same thing.

I would guess one of two possibilities. The M3x is likely stopping when scanning due to 1) incompatable/damaged track format or metadata or 2) a read error on the SD card.

If you have a bad track, you'll have to figure out which one(s) are bad by copying in multiple batches until the issue recurs and narrowing it down. For read errors, you could try reformatting the SD card using the M3x itself rather than another device.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #1,855 of 2,443
@Silverlinings I had a similar issue in that a bad track stopped the native android media scan. I resolved it by installing a media scanning app - there are a number in the Play store but the media.re.scan app worked for me. Ran a scan of the SD card using it, takes a while but I could see which album/track it stopped at. Deleted this from SD card, cleared cache/data from the native 'droid Media Storage system app, and all good. The scan will take a while with 12,000+ tracks but if it is related to a track/tracks issue probably worthwhile giving it a go.

May 4, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #1,856 of 2,443
Does anyone know how to get LHDC playback on the M3X, I only have the option for SBC, aptX-HD and LDAC?

I'm using the FiiO UTWS5 and although it has no LDAC support yet it does have LHDC.

Attachments

• F268A238-44FF-4693-9B0A-2A18D89762BA.jpeg
    F268A238-44FF-4693-9B0A-2A18D89762BA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
May 4, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #1,857 of 2,443
Does anyone know how to get LHDC playback on the M3X, I only have the option for SBC, aptX-HD and LDAC?

I'm using the FiiO UTWS5 and although it has no LDAC support yet it does have LHDC.
It isn't coded into the bluetooth stack. You connect your LHDC device via normal bluetooth connect, then go to Shanling music player settings and enable HWA. If you don't want to use Shanling player app then download FiiO music player. FiiO music player app settings > enable HWA.

May 4, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #1,858 of 2,443
It isn't coded into the bluetooth stack. You connect your LHDC device via normal bluetooth connect, then go to Shanling music player settings and enable HWA. If you don't want to use Shanling player app then download FiiO music player. FiiO music player app settings > enable HWA.
What if I'm listening to music via a streaming service which I mostly do?

May 4, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #1,859 of 2,443
What if I'm listening to music via a streaming service which I mostly do?
Only if the streaming service app has LHDC codec support like the Shanling and FiiO music player apps, otherwise you're SOL.

It's unfortunate that LHDC isn't coded into the bluetooth stack, that would make LHDC work no matter what player or streaming app we used. I'm not sure how many Android DAPs or phones have true native LHDC support. I think most rely on the music player app to have the LHDC codec support. Also if you're on an iOS device forget it, Apple wouldn't even allow it and I don't think any music player apps build it in either.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #1,860 of 2,443
Thanks for looking!

#13 is app related, it differs from app to app. So far it wasn't fixed in our app, but should be possible in theory.
#12 is hardware limitation, you need dedicated parts at the 3.5mm input for it to work with in-line controls.
#6 Bluetooth amp mode overall is something so unique for Android system, that we do not expect to be able to get the buttons work in that mode.

#5 Is stupid mistake in our app, not sure when it might be fixed.

Version 3.17.52
Ok, will try to look into these, but so far we didn't saw anything that could be reason connecting these cases.

Another weird issue is when used as BT receiver from a Win11 machine, it is limited to SBC codec. The same machine when used with BTR5 transmits AAC. @Shanling could you help?

M3X do not support AAC.

M3X is using older version of LHDC, that's only app based. On current LHDC devices, it will connect and use LHDC, but it will indicate as SBC.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back