Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #2,431 of 2,442
I use Poweramp on my M3X.

The only possible advantage of using the Shanling app is that it doesn't output at a fixed sample rate (as Poweramp currently does).

You'd have to have very acute hearing to detect artifacts introduced by resampling. Personally I can't hear any difference.
Thank You. Do You hear a better sound of the Shanling app when Android is turned off?

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #2,433 of 2,442
Thank You. I use Poweramp on my Redmi 5. But I have concerns about whether the quality of music playback will decrease due to the fact that Shanling player is built into the system and gives guaranteed quality.
quality will always be better with music players other than Shanling's. it has a lot of bugs the "developers" don't know how to fix

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #2,434 of 2,442
I love my M3X, however the volume control stopped working, the wheel can be used for on/off switching, but rotating it no longer up/downs the volume, which is pretty annoying. I can now only used it with a bluetooth headphone / IEMs. Ufotunately the 4.2 BT is not that great so it cuts in and out because I do not want to comprimise on sound quality.
Time to move up to a M3Ultra or M6 or is it salvageable?
By the way: M3Ultra seems hard to come by over here (the Netherlands) at the moment, any particular reason why?

Apr 13, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #2,435 of 2,442
I love my M3X, however the volume control stopped working, the wheel can be used for on/off switching, but rotating it no longer up/downs the volume, which is pretty annoying. I can now only used it with a bluetooth headphone / IEMs. Ufotunately the 4.2 BT is not that great so it cuts in and out because I do not want to comprimise on sound quality.
By the way: M3Ultra seems hard to come by over here (the Netherlands) at the moment, any particular reason why?
Do you have Google Play Store installed? If so, then search for "Volume Control: Show Native" app by iPrototypes. It is totally ad free and no data is collected. Anyway, once you install it there will be a Volume app which you can move to the home screen or whatever screen is convenient for you to get quick access to the app. When you tap the Volume app, it will show the On Screen volume slider (same like when you turn the volume knob) and you can use the slider to adjust the volume. Hopefully that will work for you unless the entire volume adjust is messed up somehow. Reply and let me / us (M3X owners) know if that works for you. It does work for me on a normally operating M3X. Good luck.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #2,437 of 2,442
It works like a charm, much appreciate the help. This means I can happily us my m3x while searching for an upgrade with a bit less hurry!
Excellent! I'm glad I could help. It should be mandatory to have this functionality built in for that unfortunate time when the volume wheel stops working for whatever reason.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #2,438 of 2,442
You can also use neutron music player and press this icon so the volume slider will show up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414_133457.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_133457.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #2,439 of 2,442
Last year I had a chat with some of the the people at Wifimedia as I was interested in one and they told me that it's because the importer only gets limited stock that has to be divided amongst multiple sellers. That in combination with the higher demand for the M3U (and M6U) results in the stock they have selling out in a short time. I can't even find Shanling DAP's on Wifimedia's site anymore and it looks like the German Hifi passion has also dropped the M3U.

There is always the AE route to get one but I got my unit from audiophonics as I specifically wanted a green unit and case (the dutch importer only carries the black one).
They have them in stock and a have good reputation when it comes to sales and customer service.

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #2,441 of 2,442
Sorry to hear about this, sounds like the potentiometer in the wheel gave up.

If the unit is under warranty, you can reach out to your seller for warranty.
If it's out of warranty, you could either send it to our factory for repair or order just the replacement part and have it exchanged by a local service place.

Linsoul is our partner for replacement parts: https://www.linsoul.com/blogs/announcements/shanling-audio-repair-services-at-linsoul-audio

Thanks! I have seen their ads (audiophonics) but have had no experience with them so I appreciate the vote of confidence.
Bought the m3x at ears Unlimited, but no m3u there either.

I'll have a look!

Audiophonics is a good and reliable dealer. They ship almost everywhere and are quick to restock items. If anything is missing on their site, just send them email.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back