Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Feb 1, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #1,711 of 2,442
Feb 1, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #1,714 of 2,442
I have an experience with DX160 and M3X. I would say M3X is better with a more neutral sound, better UI, a lot better battery life, and an overall better experience. Things, where the DX160 excels, will only be its 1080p display.

DX160 battery is one of the worst i have experienced to date xD Sorry i don't have any experience with the DX80.
Interesting to hear this, I am currently using DX160 as my daily drive but I am not impressed by its battery life, usually I have to charge after 3 usages (each is around 1.5-2 hours).

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #1,718 of 2,442
I’ve been having a problem for awhile which I have mentioned before. Any sd card that I insert doesn’t index right. The cards work fine in any other Dap. I’m scanning in the shanling app, the Hiby app, and Uapp. It scans and picks up maybe 3-5 new albums but the last 40 still remain not in the app. I’ve tried it with another card and nothing seems to work. I’ve even reset the player and it still does the same thing. Any suggestions?

I had a similar problem, and traced it to an issue with Android Media Storage not able to complete a full scan. I ended up installing the Media Re.Scan app (free app and there are other apps available, this one worked for me hence why I mention it) and running a scan it also got stuck, but I could see which album was tripping up the media scans. Deleted the offending album folder, re-ran Media Re.Scan which completed successfully, although takes a while. Doing this should update the Android Media Storage database so it's complete - I checked the size of this before and after (went from around 10MB to 21MB) - so knew it had updated. Plugged back in to laptop to check all albums were showing on the sd card, and then updated the library scans in UAPP and Shanling apps. All good.

Nothing obvious as to why that particular album tripped up the media scans - although I suspect it's something related to ripping errors for three tracks reported by dbPoweramp being enough to throw it off.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #1,720 of 2,442
I had a similar problem, and traced it to an issue with Android Media Storage not able to complete a full scan. I ended up installing the Media Re.Scan app (free app and there are other apps available, this one worked for me hence why I mention it) and running a scan it also got stuck, but I could see which album was tripping up the media scans. Deleted the offending album folder, re-ran Media Re.Scan which completed successfully, although takes a while. Doing this should update the Android Media Storage database so it's complete - I checked the size of this before and after (went from around 10MB to 21MB) - so knew it had updated. Plugged back in to laptop to check all albums were showing on the sd card, and then updated the library scans in UAPP and Shanling apps. All good.

Nothing obvious as to why that particular album tripped up the media scans - although I suspect it's something related to ripping errors for three tracks reported by dbPoweramp being enough to throw it off.
Well I tried it. It picked up some new albums but still doesn’t work right. Oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back