Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Feb 7, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #1,727 of 2,445
Hi there, need help on installing Tidal, my Shanling M3X is on the newest firmware 1.61 and play store version is 29.1.10-21[0] [PR] 425080933. Tidal is not on the list whenever i search on playstore. Any suggestion on installing Tidal?
Really appreciate any suggestion.
Thank you.

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #1,730 of 2,445
I got the new aurora purple m3x in. More of a silver with a hint of lavender. Looks good to my eyes. Will start testing soon!

69EBC972-2A67-4010-9E66-26A14DDD139B.jpeg

Feb 9, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #1,732 of 2,445
How do I revert the firmware? I have the limited edition and after updating, the wallpaper is gone. Granted im not a big fan of the wallpaper, its still part of what makes the limited, well limited.

Edit: NVM- found the wallpaper in an older link

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #1,733 of 2,445
For those who want a really high quality DAP with a beautiful sound, but for a midrange price, Shanling designed their M3X, the X music player with awesome aesthetics, and good versatility. A few years ago, FiiO used to dominate the midrange market for DAPs, but now it is Shanling who keeps coming with awesome designs and beautiful sounds, so I hope my video review brings you joy this weekend, and don't forget to leave a comment if you have questions, as I'm always around to help~

Feb 12, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #1,734 of 2,445
For those who want a really high quality DAP with a beautiful sound, but for a midrange price, Shanling designed their M3X, the X music player with awesome aesthetics, and good versatility. A few years ago, FiiO used to dominate the midrange market for DAPs, but now it is Shanling who keeps coming with awesome designs and beautiful sounds, so I hope my video review brings you joy this weekend, and don't forget to leave a comment if you have questions, as I'm always around to help~

So much sugar coat, but definitely everything you said ia correct haha the only thing I really want to do right now is to root the device but I have tried every method there is amd I cannot do it

Feb 12, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #1,735 of 2,445
So much sugar coat, but definitely everything you said ia correct haha the only thing I really want to do right now is to root the device but I have tried every method there is amd I cannot do it

Thank you, and sorry if my lighter attitude can feel like sugar coating at times...

I wish we had proper rooting support for it, but currently only iBasso devices have been picked up by a user named Lurker who does system modifications, all the others are locked to their default states.

Feb 12, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #1,736 of 2,445
Just curious if anyone is using this device as a digital transport, out-puting digital to an external DAC/Amp? Any issues?

I'm thinking of buying a iFi Gryphon, and am looking around for a suitable DAP to use purely as a transport.

Feb 13, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #1,737 of 2,445
Just curious if anyone is using this device as a digital transport, out-puting digital to an external DAC/Amp? Any issues?

I'm thinking of buying a iFi Gryphon, and am looking around for a suitable DAP to use purely as a transport.
I used it with Xduoo XD05 basic without any issues, just enable the max volume on usb and use forced rotation app on android mode so both ui and xd05’s knob face me. The output from the plug works fine too.

But one time i’m using m3x with qudelix 5k and it suddenly going wild that i have to unplug it, don’t know why and never used it on usb anymore.

Feb 15, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #1,738 of 2,445
Getting quota exceeded for the latest update on the link from the official site. @Shanling you might want to look at the account you upload updates to.

Sorry for this, there was some issue on our account while we were on holidays, should be all good now.

output is 10 ohms? do i need a IFI match ? i have audiosense t800

Output impedance of M3X is less than 1 Ohm.

ok on my fiio the balanced out says balanced, but this one does not is the 4.4 the balanced one? also does anyone know where to get a google play apk that works?

Yes, the 4.4mm balanced output is balanced.
You can download it from APKPure app store.

Hi there, need help on installing Tidal, my Shanling M3X is on the newest firmware 1.61 and play store version is 29.1.10-21[0] [PR] 425080933. Tidal is not on the list whenever i search on playstore. Any suggestion on installing Tidal?
Really appreciate any suggestion.
Thank you.

Tidal can be installed through APKPUre app store.

Hi. How do I make a hotspot?

There is no way how to use M3X as a Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back