Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #511 of 2,443
You can install different apps that allow for such connection. For example BubbleUpnP works fine for streaming from Android phone to M3X.
Thank you! It also looks like Qobuz app already has DLNA method embedded in the app.
I just ordered mine after reading all of your (@Shanling and @Photoman) answers you gave to me.
Hopefully the Gapless playback will come anytime very soon on your own Shanling music app via update :)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #512 of 2,443
Mine should be showing up this week. Hopefully Friday. I've been plying with the Hiby Player App and The Shanling Music App on my Android phone. Both can read fine from my NAS drive UpNp and actually The shanling App performs better = less drop outs. But I'm still surprised how few Reviews there are. There's only here on headfi and I could only find a few in Chinese and Russian. Did any review units actually go out?

Anyway, even though the price is lower, I'm expecting it to be an upgrade from the M5s which I've been very happy with. We'll see shortly. I rolled the dice on it. I was going to go straight to the Lotoo PAW 6000 but decided to give the M3X a try. If it sits above the M5s I'll be as happy as can be. If it's less or equal - there will be a great deal for someone. Either way, I'll be happy to have tried it and will post genuine impressions with M5s as the comparison point. The 3x is lower in the hierarchy and a little lower in price but technology has also moved forward so I'm hopeful. Stand by - impressions coming shortly.

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #513 of 2,443
Thank you! It also looks like Qobuz app already has DLNA method embedded in the app.
I just ordered mine after reading all of your (@Shanling and @Photoman) answers you gave to me.
Hopefully the Gapless playback will come anytime very soon on your own Shanling music app via update :)
+1 More for Gapless

Apr 14, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #515 of 2,443
But I'm still surprised how few Reviews there are. There's only here on headfi and I could only find a few in Chinese and Russian. Did any review units actually go out?
Yes, we send out few review units, reviews should start up showing soon or in May.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 15, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #516 of 2,443
Mine should be showing up this week. Hopefully Friday. [...]
Just wondering, maybe Headphonebar on Main Street (based on your location written on the right) can get it soon as well, I don't know... I'm currently in my country, in France for a few month, so I can't check on site but maybe this worth a try too! This is the place where I got my M2s 3 years ago.

[edit] in case you missed it, here a good review too: https://inf.news/en/digital/b8f8a218f02b813f6951e1358c0d6105.html

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #517 of 2,443
Neutron now has full hi-res support for Shanling DAPs with the last update.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #518 of 2,443
Just wondering, maybe Headphonebar on Main Street (based on your location written on the right) can get it soon as well, I don't know... I'm currently in my country, in France for a few month, so I can't check on site but maybe this worth a try too! This is the place where I got my M2s 3 years ago.

[edit] in case you missed it, here a good review too: https://inf.news/en/digital/b8f8a218f02b813f6951e1358c0d6105.html

Shanling does not have a Canadian distributor anymore so you can't buy their Dap's in Canada. The last one I could get in Canada was my M0 about 2 years ago. I would have more interest in the M3X if I could demo it first.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #519 of 2,443
Shanling does not have a Canadian distributor anymore so you can't buy their Dap's in Canada. The last one I could get in Canada was my M0 about 2 years ago. I would have more interest in the M3X if I could demo it first.
Where are you. You can demo mine. I've had it about an hour and am playing my way around with the interface. Initial impressions, It's at least equal to my M5s which I've been absolutely happy with. I think the staging may be a little better but I need time to do some critical listening. My biggest concern was Output power, and I can now say it's a non issue. I'm pushing an IMR RAH, Planar triple hybrid right now and I'm on 28 out of 100 with lots of headroom. Early impressions say it's a keeper.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #520 of 2,443
Oh, you're in Toronto. No demo, I'm in Vancouver

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #521 of 2,443
Where are you. You can demo mine. I've had it about an hour and am playing my way around with the interface. Initial impressions, It's at least equal to my M5s which I've been absolutely happy with. I think the staging may be a little better but I need time to do some critical listening. My biggest concern was Output power, and I can now say it's a non issue. I'm pushing an IMR RAH, Planar triple hybrid right now and I'm on 28 out of 100 with lots of headroom. Early impressions say it's a keeper.
That's good news as RAH needs power. I'm still in doubt of picking the M3x or the M6 2021.

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #522 of 2,443
That's good news as RAH needs power. I'm still in doubt of picking the M3x or the M6 2021.
I'll keep you posted on how I progress with it. I didn't buy the M6 or wait for M6 21 because of the battery life. This M3 is wider than my M5s but it's a lot lighter. Has a nice in hand feel.

Apr 16, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #523 of 2,443
Oh, you're in Toronto. No demo, I'm in Vancouver

So are you saying you have stores that carry Shanling products in Vancouver? I am familiar with headphonebar as I have visited the site often. They don't carry Shanling products as I just checked their site. There is in fact one dealer in Toronto that still sells the M5S but no other Shanling products. The others that did like avgearshop and electronicsforless don't anymore. There use to be a few dealers that carried Shanling home audio gear but they don't anymore. Such a shame as Fiio products are sold everywhere in Canada. It would be great if Shanling could use the same Canadian distributor as Fiio.

Apr 16, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #524 of 2,443
So are you saying you have stores that carry Shanling products in Vancouver? I am familiar with headphonebar as I have visited the site often. They don't carry Shanling products as I just checked their site. There is in fact one dealer in Toronto that still sells the M5S but no other Shanling products. The others that did like avgearshop and electronicsforless don't anymore. There use to be a few dealers that carried Shanling home audio gear but they don't anymore. Such a shame as Fiio products are sold everywhere in Canada. It would be great if Shanling could use the same Canadian distributor as Fiio.
I didnt say anything of the sort. I offered to let you demo mine, then I saw you were in Toronto, so I corrected that I couldn't let you demo mine..... Yes, Headphone Bar, is not just a nice site, it's a nice little store and he's a genuinely nice guy. Anyway, you are correct, he hasn't carried Shanling since the M5s because there is no distributor.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #525 of 2,443
Hello @Shanling I received my M3X today and early impressions are that I'm generally impressed with what you've done for this pricepoint. It does, as they say, "Punch Way Above It's Weight". I do have a couple of questions and if they've already been asked and answered, my apologies:
  1. I know that dual dac is only a selectable option from the SE 3.5 jack because on the 4.4 Bal it's always in dual DAC mode - but - when I'm listening from the 4.4 the DAC button still give 2 options: DAC and DAC Turbo. What is DAC Turbo and does it actually do something?
  2. Is "Prime Mode" more battery efficient than "Android Mode" if I'm only using Shanling Music App or Hiby Music App? or is the batter drain about the same?
I've got one comment / request also. This is not a complaint, just a wish list item:

I actually prefer the Hiby Music App. It's easier to navigate, automatically imports playlists, and of course offers gapless. The advantage of the Shanling Native App is that its present in in Prime Mode. I hope your team can set up similar functionality to the Hiby App. Your device rocks ( more impressions shortly) but I'm stunned at how good a player you've built at this pricepoint. It "Punches Way Above It's Weight"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back