Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Apr 8, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #481 of 2,442
I'm quite taken aback. I just received my M3X, after waiting 2 weeks for shipment. It sounds amazing EXCEPT for the lack of gapless playback. I am absolutely BOGGLED that you would bring a product to market without gapless playback--it's THREE SECONDS in Tidal, and it's a fade-in of the following song with folder playback. Seriously, that is operating in bad faith--especially as you have made a unit that should be ideal for Tidal playback, but is useless for anyone who actually listens to albums. WTAF? Tell me when this will be fixed, or I'll return it now and never touch a Shanling again.

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #482 of 2,442
I'm quite taken aback. I just received my M3X, after waiting 2 weeks for shipment. It sounds amazing EXCEPT for the lack of gapless playback. I am absolutely BOGGLED that you would bring a product to market without gapless playback--it's THREE SECONDS in Tidal, and it's a fade-in of the following song with folder playback. Seriously, that is operating in bad faith--especially as you have made a unit that should be ideal for Tidal playback, but is useless for anyone who actually listens to albums. WTAF? Tell me when this will be fixed, or I'll return it now and never touch a Shanling again.
It's known Shanling app doesn't have gapless playback but supposedly it should play gapless with third party apps.

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #483 of 2,442
It's known Shanling app doesn't have gapless playback but supposedly it should play gapless with third party apps.
I just bought one........ Does a 3rd Party music app use AGLO - any suggestions on good 3rd party music app?

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #484 of 2,442
It's known? That's absolutely ridiculous. I did a fair amount of research without discovering that the player can't perform basic functions. I'd be fine with using a different app for my local files, but it supposed to be THE premium player for Tidal, and there's a three second gap? It's downright dishonest.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #485 of 2,442
In our testing TIdal works ok on our players, definitely not seeing 3s gaps.
Please are you testing it with downloaded or online streaming? And if downloaded, using internal memory or card?
I just bought one........ Does a 3rd Party music app use AGLO - any suggestions on good 3rd party music app?
All audio apps on M3X uses AGLO. If you want gapless playback, HiBY or Fiio apps are a good choice.

It's known? That's absolutely ridiculous. I did a fair amount of research without discovering that the player can't perform basic functions. I'd be fine with using a different app for my local files, but it supposed to be THE premium player for Tidal, and there's a three second gap? It's downright dishonest.
Shanling Music player do not support gapless. Third party apps can play gapless, depending on their settings.

Last edited:
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 9, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #486 of 2,442
Daniel, take it easy, please don't perpetuate the way folks view us NYers!....I also want to hear gapless on the Shanling, and am instead using Jet Audio which allows me to do that. Know that is not a solution for your Tidal needs. Here's hoping Shanling includes gapless playback in a future firmware update.

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #487 of 2,442
Hello everyone! I received my M3X yesterday. I really like the player, but I found that in USB DAC mode it does not expand the MQA stream that I transmit from the native Tidal application. Is this really impossible, or am I doing something wrong?

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #488 of 2,442
Daniel, take it easy, please don't perpetuate the way folks view us NYers!....I also want to hear gapless on the Shanling, and am instead using Jet Audio which allows me to do that. Know that is not a solution for your Tidal needs. Here's hoping Shanling includes gapless playback in a future firmware update.
Thanks. Walkman. I have been cooler and somewhat apologetic in our private conversation.

Apr 9, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #489 of 2,442
Further info for Tidal users. The gaps are only inserted in playlists, but that still might be a deal-breaker for me, especially because the first second of every track is clipped off in them. The issue doesn't happen on my FiiO M9, so it's not an app issue.

Jet Audio can't even find my internal files. :) But FiiO is doing the job properly.

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #491 of 2,442
Hello @Shanling Where can I get a download copy of the M3X manual. The link on your webpage that reads "Manual" leads to the firmware. Would you please provide a link to the manual?

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #492 of 2,442
Apr 9, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #493 of 2,442
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #494 of 2,442
I confirm that with Tidal streaming there is a fade in the beginning of songs.
You are right. I just didn't notice because it's nowhere near as bad as on playlists. This machine was clearly built to try and snag the truly portable, Tidal-friendly market, so I really hope they can square this away. Otherwise the unit serves no purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back