Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Dec 6, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #1,591 of 2,445
You can use the Roon Remote app to play on the M3x. Unfortunately the app doesn't support high-resolution on any Android device.
I see we can use Apple Music in this DAP as well. I do have Apple Music subscription and as long as I am able to access it, I’m ok. I hope Apple Music does support lossless in Android DAP.

Dec 6, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #1,592 of 2,445
I see we can use Apple Music in this DAP as well. I do have Apple Music subscription and as long as I am able to access it, I’m ok. I hope Apple Music does support lossless in Android DAP.

Yes, Apple Music works fine with lossless/high-resolution on M3x. No Atmos though.

Dec 7, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #1,594 of 2,445
Have ordered a new unit and will be with me by end of this week. Needed a portable device with streaming capabilities and like Sony, Shanling has strong pedigree in making portable music player.

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #1,595 of 2,445
Just got the delivery…have 1 question can I use 20v charger of my iPhone pro Max to charge this device faster or it won’t make a difference as compared to 5v charger

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #1,596 of 2,445
Just got the delivery…have 1 question can I use 20v charger of my iPhone pro Max to charge this device faster or it won’t make a difference as compared to 5v charger

The M3X supports QC3.0 and PD2.0 quick charge so yes it can charge faster. I have no idea what standards the apple charger supports, however.

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #1,597 of 2,445
Hi all. So I've been using the Hiby player app to play songs on the M3X. Sounds and works great. However there are 2 weird issues. 1. When I skip to the next song, before the song plays, I usally hear a little snippet of sound before it plays. Like half a second of music. 2. When I press back to go to the beginning of the song, instead it goes to the previous song.

The first issue is more of a problem than the second. Anyway... any advice? Have you also heard anything like this, with the HiBy or any other player app? Any remedies? Thanks.

Dec 10, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #1,598 of 2,445
This is my first android based DAP, well first android based anything
Is there a way to enable system wide EQ on it so that the EQ applies to Apple Music or Qobuz. I don’t have great music library so I rely on streaming

Dec 10, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #1,599 of 2,445
Hi @Shanling , the volume wheel on my M3X is becoming a bit less responsive. Sometimes 3-4 steps have to be rotated before the volume goes up one step. Any fix for this or is this a software issue or hardware issue?

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #1,600 of 2,445
This is my first android based DAP, well first android based anything
Is there a way to enable system wide EQ on it so that the EQ applies to Apple Music or Qobuz. I don’t have great music library so I rely on streaming
The M3X does not have a system wide equalizer. You must use the respective equalizer of the app you are using. The Hiby R6, R6 Pro, New Hiby R6(2020) and Sony NW-ZX507 have a system wide equalizer...

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,601 of 2,445
The M3X does not have a system wide equalizer. You must use the respective equalizer of the app you are using. The Hiby R6, R6 Pro, New Hiby R6(2020) and Sony NW-ZX507 have a system wide equalizer...
Thanks for Info. I found a work around at least for Qobuz. Got the USB audio player pro with tone booster EQ Add-on so at least I can EQ my local music files and Qobuz stream

Dec 12, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #1,602 of 2,445
Hi @Shanling , the volume wheel on my M3X is becoming a bit less responsive. Sometimes 3-4 steps have to be rotated before the volume goes up one step. Any fix for this or is this a software issue or hardware issue?

This can be hardware related to the potentiometer of the wheel. Would need to open the device, sometimes bit of lube into the mechanism helps, sometimes it needs to be exchanged. If your device is under warranty, you can reach to your seller.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 13, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,603 of 2,445
Will check on this. Did you tested any other USB DAC?

We saw few reports on this and software team is investigating.

No idea what might be causing this, especially as it's picky between apps.

@Shanling As an update to my situation, I find myself very frustrated with Shanling quality control and service. My M8 player has been no troubles, but this M3X has been disappointing from the get go. After only a half a dozen listens, it would no longer boot... off to China for warranty repair, shipping at my cost, and long wait.

Finally it arrives back supposedly repaired, but now has this new issue of many Android applications not producing anything more than statics and clicks. I tried to work through that with Hifi-go and on this forum, but it was mostly 'reset, reinstall and reboot' types of suggestions. Of course, that took more than 7 days... so now it's my fault again, and I must pay to ship back to China again. I am a sucker for allowing customer service to stretch me out past the return period for the warranty work, but this is what they did.

Will they create yet another issue in repairing this time? Will my warranty period eventually expire completely without this player ever fulfilling its niche for me? Will I need to spend even more on shipping than I did acquiring this unit brand new?

I asked kindly for a replacement unit to this lemon, so that Shanling could dissect it to their hearts content... or destroy it. I was refused, but will kindly ask again here. Please see what can be done about this customer service nightmare. My attitude toward the company is spiraling downwards, and I hope some visibility here will help my situation improve. Please see what can be done.

Dec 13, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #1,604 of 2,445
@Shanling As an update to my situation, I find myself very frustrated with Shanling quality control and service. My M8 player has been no troubles, but this M3X has been disappointing from the get go. After only a half a dozen listens, it would no longer boot... off to China for warranty repair, shipping at my cost, and long wait.

Finally it arrives back supposedly repaired, but now has this new issue of many Android applications not producing anything more than statics and clicks. I tried to work through that with Hifi-go and on this forum, but it was mostly 'reset, reinstall and reboot' types of suggestions. Of course, that took more than 7 days... so now it's my fault again, and I must pay to ship back to China again. I am a sucker for allowing customer service to stretch me out past the return period for the warranty work, but this is what they did.

Will they create yet another issue in repairing this time? Will my warranty period eventually expire completely without this player ever fulfilling its niche for me? Will I need to spend even more on shipping than I did acquiring this unit brand new?

I asked kindly for a replacement unit to this lemon, so that Shanling could dissect it to their hearts content... or destroy it. I was refused, but will kindly ask again here. Please see what can be done about this customer service nightmare. My attitude toward the company is spiraling downwards, and I hope some visibility here will help my situation improve. Please see what can be done.
Unfortunately nothing, we are not sure what might be causing such issue of Tidal working while others are broken. I can't remember any case like this before on any of our Android players. Sometimes it can be caused by some conflict between apps, but factory reset or simply tuning off other apps normally fixes this.

Our international distributors normally issue replacement for such problematic units. But Chinese sellers follow different warranty procedure and all units are send for repair, not getting replacement apart from very unique cases. I will try to reach out to Hifigo, if we can get this unit into our office for further check. But they are not direct dealer of Shanling, so might be a bit complicated.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 14, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #1,605 of 2,445
As we know, the Shanling app can be buggy, so I've been experimenting with other apps. I'm thinking of trying UAPP. Question to anyone who has tried it: what's the best way to buy and install it? Directly through the player, or by transferring by PC? I haven't paid for any music player apps before, so not sure about the best/ safest way to do it. Thanks for any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back