Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Oct 30, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,801 of 2,460
Not much left to with the firmaware, just 3 issues to be adressed which are sorted by priority (as per mho) are:

1) Battery indicator
2) missing miliseconds at start of irst song playing
3) proper artwork resizing without cutting off parts

And somehow on my unit I don't get the auto resume to work, regardless which time I set. Not sure if that's a general issue.

And Shanling please add options for bluetooth to set default volume by 100%
For now, any time if i use bluetooth speaker i need manually increase it to 100%, and if i use headphones i need it slow down back to 20%, is terrible.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,804 of 2,460
Hi guys,

Anyone having issues skipping tracks when using the M2s with a Mojo?

So the track stops, starts, and then skips to the next one?

Very odd I think
No, but it does stutter a bit when changing tracks for me while using it with the Mojo.

Is that a Mojo thing or an M2s thing, I wonder?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,807 of 2,460
Hi guys,

Very odd I think

No, but it does stutter a bit when changing tracks for me while using it with the Mojo.

I haven't had either of these things happen, but I can't say for certain if I've tried using M2s + Mojo with latest firmware. Is it a problem you've seen through different firmware?

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,809 of 2,460

I haven't experienced this issue, not with the M2S + Mojo combo or the Mojo with a different source. The Mojo plays very well with all of my DAPs/sources.

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,810 of 2,460
It's a customer of ours, he has installed the latest firmware and it jumps a bit before skipping track.

I haven't experienced this issue, not with the M2S + Mojo combo or the Mojo with a different source. The Mojo plays very well with all of my DAPs/sources.

Same here. No issues with Mojo + M2s or other sources. Has you customer tried a different cable?

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #1,813 of 2,460
He's using the Shanling L2 cable

Weird. I've used both the Shanling L2 cable as well as a more generic yourcharger cable from eBay. Both worked just fine for me for DAPs with USB C output feeding various portable DAC/Amps with micro USB input.

I tried to email them at info@shanling.com (as said by the warranty card) but my message was blocked from their servers. Has anyone been able to get through to them?

Have you tried PM'ing @Shanling here on HeadFi?

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,814 of 2,460
Hi guys,

Just to verify....I presume these exact same files play just great on the M2S otherwise.

This kind of error reminds me of the times I have had either corrupt file transfers on my card or the card itself was failing. And oh yes the MicroSDXC cards do fail.

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #1,815 of 2,460
Hi guys,

Very odd I think

Yes, this is the same observation on my unit too. I already reported the issue to @Shanling - they are aware of the issue and mentioned that he'll be reporting it to his engineers - that was months ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back