Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
May 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #616 of 2,460
It will be a big shame if there is no fix for this or i wont be able to purchase one and have to keep looking, m2s otherwise is a perfect pair for mojo and sounds really nice on its own too as a back up.

May 21, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #617 of 2,460
All the time mate but because of the big loss in clarity we both hear using the eq i leave it set to off. The bump is in the sub bass thats for sure. It reminds me of when you use eq and you push a bass slider up way too high and it clips and distorts, sounds muddy and horrible. We have all heard this when we have been messing with eq. But i have never heard of a digital signal passing through to a dac having this kind of effect on sound.

From what I understand the M2s supposed to be bit perfect, and I haven't heard anyone else complain about the M2s plus mojo. Maybe you should try to update the firmware, IDK mate but Shanling should chime in about this- it can't be normal. And yes the eq sucks as it it, but luckily m2s sounds pretty good without it. I remember people having problems with the N3 coaxial out.

Who knows hopefully it gets sorted.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #618 of 2,460
The DSD files may be require a higher bandwidth than the Bluetooth subsystem supports.

@Shanling - Are there limitations to what file types can be streamed over the M2s Bluetooth?

Thanks mate for your reply.

I dont think so that bluetooth cannot support due to bandwidth issue.
I have turn on aptx and it shows A on the top of the screen which means aptx is enabled.

@Shanling
Any advise on this?

May 22, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #619 of 2,460
I also ran into this problem. I also found strange limitations on bandwidth, flac 192/24 plays perfectly through BT with apt-x, DSD 64 has a bitrate lower, strange.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #620 of 2,460
I also ran into this problem. I also found strange limitations on bandwidth, flac 192/24 plays perfectly through BT with apt-x, DSD 64 has a bitrate lower, strange.

At least i know i am not alone and my set isnt faulty.

I am still waiting for @Shanling to reply on this issue.
Hopefully its a setup thing and not because2s does not support dsd over bluetooth which will be a big minus point for this dap.

May 22, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #621 of 2,460
At least i know i am not alone and my set isnt faulty.

I am still waiting for @Shanling to reply on this issue.
Hopefully its a setup thing and not because2s does not support dsd over bluetooth which will be a big minus point for this dap.

I think Shanling already answered this in the previous page

DSD is not supposed via Bluetooth because of unstable.

Only DSD is limited to play via Bluetooth.

May 22, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #624 of 2,460
my interconnect is ready....but my M2s hasn't shipped yet! :disappointed:
IMG_1742.JPG

May 22, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #625 of 2,460
May 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #630 of 2,460
I must be having an acid flashback, because the smilies/frowns look enormous!:) :) :0

listening to all the world's a stage- Bytor and the Snowdog on M2s and it sounds awesome. I forget how damn good Rush was before they went synth which I still like, just 'old' Rush showed just how 3 guys can jell. Plus well Geddy and Neil get more props but damn Alex!

Oh dear lord I meant to edit my post not quote it :frowning2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back