Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
May 23, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #650 of 2,460
I have 1.10 installed i just wanted check incase there were a newer beta update or somehting. problems still persist with v1.10 :slight_frown:

That sucks mate, I take it you still have the output to mojo problem, that really needs to be sorted asap since a bunch of people are probably buying m2s to use a a transport. About the jpgs, I wonder if one is progressive format? My sony won't read progressive jpgs. I haven't noticed on m2s because I re- tagged my library and embedded my album art.

May 23, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #651 of 2,460
I should start DIYing custom cables. I just wouldn't know where to get the parts (have to look into that) Was an aircraft electrician/avionics guy so I know my way around an iron. Can't seem to buy a cable unless it's overseas. I'd love to buy a mojo :)

May 23, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #652 of 2,460
I should start DIYing custom cables. I just wouldn't know where to get the parts (have to look into that) Was an aircraft electrician/avionics guy so I know my way around an iron. Can't seem to buy a cable unless it's overseas. I'd love to buy a mojo :)

I would also love to DIY this cable but i can't seem to find the correct USB C connector that has the correct PCB pads exposed to enable OTG. :confused:

Wait, regarding the output problem - are you talking about the SQ difference when the EQ is enabled?

May 24, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #653 of 2,460
That sucks mate, I take it you still have the output to mojo problem, that really needs to be sorted asap since a bunch of people are probably buying m2s to use a a transport. About the jpgs, I wonder if one is progressive format? My sony won't read progressive jpgs. I haven't noticed on m2s because I re- tagged my library and embedded my album art.

I have no idea, ive always tagged my wav files with artwork this way and theyve always shown.

Regarding the mojo pairing, iv been doing more listening tonight swapping back from mojo + m2s and mojo + pc (asio). There must be some kind of dsp happening in the m2s before reaching the mojo because of that strong sub bass boost, its really not a subtle difference and its bordering on muddying all the lower frequencies. So for anyone looking to purchase it as transport id recommend sitting on your money for now and wait to see if it is fixed. if you want that bit perfect experience.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #654 of 2,460
I have no idea, ive always tagged my wav files with artwork this way and theyve always shown.

Regarding the mojo pairing, iv been doing more listening tonight swapping back from mojo + m2s and mojo + pc (asio). There must be some kind of dsp happening in the m2s before reaching the mojo because of that strong sub bass boost, its really not a subtle difference and its bordering on muddying all the lower frequencies. So for anyone looking to purchase it as transport id recommend sitting on your money for now and wait to see if it is fixed. if you want that bit perfect experience.

Weird, I thought digital out didn't have any dsp/eq applied. Well I still have n3, but I like the control and build of the m2s much better. I'm half tempted to buy ak70 as a small dap/transport but the 600 dollar price tag scares me a bit. The m2s sales info even said 'bit perfect' on it's plaque in the Munich show pics. Ok sorry it said bit to bit which I assumed was the same thing?

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #659 of 2,460
Should have waited longer - I purchased the M2s and not the N3 because i read that the N3 has this issue...and now the M2s has it too...

@Shanling a lot of users are asking if this will be addresses in future firmware updates. We appreciate if you can further shed some light into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back