Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
May 8, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #392 of 2,460
So for you guys who have M2s...

If you've had previous experience with Shanling DAPs, what do you think of the new "control knob" compared with the older "control wheel"?

Well as you know I've never used a shanling before and I was worried that the little knob would be to hard to use with my big paws :) however after a day or 2 I love the control system. I use the back and forward buttons to scroll fast and then the knob for finer control ( the knob scrolls surprisingly quick )Now on the volume sometimes it gets hard to go just one number up or down, it does 2 or 3 sometimes, but sounds like shanling is going to remedy that with a firmware update.

I love this little bugger!

lol see above ^

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #393 of 2,460
I love the sound, I love the build quality, I love the size, I love the quirky control scheme, the battery life could be better I guess. My only real complaint is the eq. I would like to take the 8k and 16k bands down just a couple notches but when I engage the eq it deadens everything just a bit, it sounds more compressed and I don't like it. Anyone else notice this? Normally I wouldn't use eq but there seems to be a treble spike that bugs me a little. Especially with sound magic e 80.

Maybe mental or physical burn in will smooth things out a bit :wink: Capacitors do change voltage values over time, but it's so small I don't think it effects sound, but I definitely believe in mental burn in. Especially with someone as mental as me :0

And I have to give another shout out to Shenzhenaudio, never before have I had so much communication with a vendor before. I feel I had a personal sales rep at my beckon call.

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #394 of 2,460
M2s will allow people to choose sensitivity of the konb by further upgrade.

Not many will mention it, but I do appreciate small, iterative improvements like that which enhance the user experience. Nice!

So harmony with the Mojo. :o2smile:

Are those the recently-released "bass edition" Simgot? If so, I'm curious how you're liking them...

May 8, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #397 of 2,460
That would be nice!

Yeah it would. They're very subtle but you can get different sound characteristics out of them. Like sharp I've found is good for fast complex stuff and slow is nice for jazz, vocals, acoustic etc. Any chance on getting them implemented in the future Shanling?

May 8, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #400 of 2,460
So harmony with the Mojo. :o2smile:

its_perfect_eastbound_and_down.gif

Now imagine them both in leather cases...

psekO3B.gif

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #401 of 2,460
So there is no problem using m2s with mojo? Guess I should go with he m2s then?

What are those cable terminals? USB to coax?

@Shanling Bring the m2s to Amazon UK and make sure it ships to all of EU. Woa bo sh mei goa ryen. :)

Yeah, Mojo works just fine. You just need a USB C to micro USB OTG cable. You can get them for less than $10 shipped on eBay. Easy-peasy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back