Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Apr 7, 2017.
  1. Mr Trev
    Probably the Chinese characters causing issues. Didn't have a problem on my end (using 7zip) and it never occurred to me I should rename the file. Since Shanling has posted official links now, I'll take mine down

marflao likes this.
  2. marflao
    Great! Many thanks for your response. Very valuable information indeed.

Howlin Fester likes this.
  3. Zukubi
    I am on page 50 of this topic and still no body talking about sound quality sound character etc...

4. marflao
    Shanling likes this.
  5. andry.dvt
    29DE00D5-F187-4BF1-BDD4-E850A54FB808.jpeg 59F896AF-AB09-48F0-B9BF-10176D9D72B6.jpeg are the superlux 681 evo headphones good paired with the shanling m2s? I have read that they require 100/150 ma and 3.5 / 4 volts. but I only found this picture, what changes between maximum power and high fidelty power? Do I need an amp?

6. Zukubi
    I read them and head-fi reviews. But i am looking for not reviewer opinions.

Especially about soundstage and instrument seperation.

7. Dobrescu George
    Reviewers tend to be as honest as possible, at least for the most part. Soundstage and instrument separation are as good as this price can get you for the most part. It isn't bad, it is better than most smartphones, but that's about it. This will vary greatly with the headphones / IEMs you're using though.

8. Zukubi
    Its not about to be honest, i like read tons of page end user opinions in topics =)

I only have xduoo x2 dap. If i get m2s how much i feel difference on soundstage and instrument seperation?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  9. Dobrescu George
    I don't know what to say...

M2s excels in abilities, but I wouldn't say it is the widest out there. The instrument separation is good. Have you tried Megamini? It is wider sounding, to my ears at least, although the instrument separation is more or less the same.

Since I have no xduoo x2, I cannot test against it, but I can test relative to something like FiiO x5ii and such, which should be better than xduoo X2 from the start.

jaxz likes this.
  10. subguy812
    The stage and separation are more than adequate. Not the widest or clearest but there is nothing that detracts from the user experience.

11. Zukubi
    Thank you i understand. Satisfactory but not spectacular.

How is works song rating system? I see a heart symbol in photos. What will be when you give a heart to song? Is it list all hearted song in a one list like favourites? Or can i see hearted songs by genre or album?

And i think it cant create playlists by self. right?

12. subguy812
    I don't want you to think that it is not a great DAP. It excels in other areas and is no slouch in the ones you asked about

13. rcoleman1
    At this price point wouldn’t it be unfair to look for sonic perfection? I can say that with my IEMs it’s more than capable though.

subguy812 likes this.
  14. subguy812
    You are correct...very adequate.. punches through at a level much higher than it's price.

15. Zukubi
    Yes i wanted to say exactly same thing but my english.