Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Sep 7, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #1,546 of 2,460
Yeah I think you're right. It seems that the actual mount inside is entirely loose, so even though the wheel seems to rotate precisely, it isn't getting registered properly within. It was either glued to the case or soldered to the PCB and came undone or it was mounted to the case and it somehow broke off during assembly.

I honestly hope it broke during assembly and is not glued to the case or soldered to the PCB as this will get loose sooner or later on every device (be it half a year or a couple of years). I should get it replaced though, already talked to Amazon.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,547 of 2,460
Anyone got some advice? I received my M2s yesterday and noticed the wheel is relatively imprecise. It very often seems to do 2 jumps at once so is quite annoying to use. Next thing is after just 1h or so of usage I picked it up and noticed the wheel was actually half-way falling out. I saw it is basically just clipped in there so I pushed it back in until I felt it clicked. So it's back to normal but it gets me thinking whether it's not a bit too "fragile" to almost fall out after 1h of usage and I'm afraid of losing it at some point.

Is the lack of precision something normal? Will this be resolved with the future firmware update that allows to adjust the sensitivity or do I have a faulty device here?
It took a little while to get used to the sensitivity of the scroll wheel, but it's all good now. It was a little quick to jump one step further in the initial phase. Thankfully, I don't have any problems with fine control at the moment. If you are still experiencing issues, you may want to get your device changed.

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #1,548 of 2,460
I'm pretty sure I have a defective one. Quite often it's just not possible to jump for one step and as I said it seems the mounting/decoder seems to have come off of wherever it was attached to and I doubt it was designed to be like that. Now the wheel is also not clicking anymore, which makes sense if the decoder has gotten loose within the case.

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,549 of 2,460
Does formatting the micro SD card on the device ensure that the card is ready to accept any future firmware updates? You could format the card in the device in the first place, right?

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #1,550 of 2,460
Titanium grey, available october :wink:

M2s titanium 1.jpg

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 8, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #1,552 of 2,460
Nice!

I think that the black version is really cute, that glossy front and back is a real beauty to strae at. I left it on my table even while I'm not listening to it, as it is one of the things I like having there (along with me DX200 and ultra-expensive pens )

like a bic click deluxe? Ha ha seriously how expensive are the pens? Inquiring minds want to know, especially as a greedy American :) I mean I got a Mont Blanc as a gift and it was like 400 dollars, and I seriously don't know where it is! I lose tons of stuff unfortunately. Mind you I don't lose daps :)

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #1,553 of 2,460
like a bic click deluxe? Ha ha seriously how expensive are the pens? Inquiring minds want to know, especially as a greedy American :) I mean I got a Mont Blanc as a gift and it was like 400 dollars, and I seriously don't know where it is! I lose tons of stuff unfortunately. Mind you I don't lose daps :)

Mostly received gifts actually :beyersmile:

Still cute decorations for my desk :smile_phones:

Sep 9, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #1,556 of 2,460
I just bought my device a few days ago, but I have already experienced several problems.
I started noticing a weird clicking noise whenever I turn the player on and off (clicks twice each time, occasionally click when starts playing songs).
Moreover, there are times when I turn the player on and the player cannot read the TF card (have to eject and inject the card every time to solve the problem).
I have searched many sites and some of them said that the clicking part is normal.
Someone, please explain this to me :frowning2: I'm pretty worried now that I may have got a defective one :frowning2:

Sep 9, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,557 of 2,460
I just bought my device a few days ago, but I have already experienced several problems.
I started noticing a weird clicking noise whenever I turn the player on and off (clicks twice each time, occasionally click when starts playing songs).
Moreover, there are times when I turn the player on and the player cannot read the TF card (have to eject and inject the card every time to solve the problem).
I have searched many sites and some of them said that the clicking part is normal.
Someone, please explain this to me :frowning2: I'm pretty worried now that I may have got a defective one :frowning2:

That's not normal, return or exchange the unite.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #1,558 of 2,460
Yeah the black one looks really good, but also shows fingerprints and smudges like crazy.

That's not normal, return or exchange the unite.

There are forums refer to the clicking noise of DAPs as the relays engaging/disengaging and say that it is normal.
Do the M2s really clicks when turning on/off normally?
Give me your opinions guys :frowning2: Thanks in advance :3

Sep 9, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #1,559 of 2,460

No need to worry about clicks on turn on/off, it's a relay that works for
There are forums refer to the clicking noise of DAPs as the relays engaging/disengaging and say that it is normal.
Do the M2s really clicks when turning on/off normally?
Give me your opinions guys :frowning2: Thanks in advance :3

Mine does the same, it's totally normal for on/off cicles. Nothing to worry about.

Sep 9, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #1,560 of 2,460
I don't remember hearing a clicking sound throughout my time with the M2S. Definitely not while playing songs, at least.

If it's affecting the enjoyment of your music, you may want to get it replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back