Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Nov 6, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #46 of 926
@Shanling will the m1s music app be simular ti the one used in the m3x? Reason i ask it was really easy to navigate and make playlists
Also what colors will be avalible?

It's same system as used in our M2X/M5s, bit different from the app on our Android players.

We do not have yet final colors finalized.
I would love to know M1s price and exact release date .. I need a transport for my mojo2 and doubled as nice little dap for on the go ...
Can I wait is the question?

We hope to have it on market in early December.
No pricing info so far.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 6, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #47 of 926
It's same system as used in our M2X/M5s, bit different from the app on our Android players.

We do not have yet final colors finalized.

We hope to have it on market in early December.
No pricing info so far.

As an M5s user, I'm very intrigued by this new device.

Nov 8, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #49 of 926
@Shanling

One major request I have regarding the M1S is you need to finally make sure the software can handle special characters! Apostrophes in particular as I had issues with over 2000 tracks on my Q1 not displaying track names with apostrophes properly. Namely adding extra space after each apostrophe. I know you say it is an issue with Chinese DAP's but I only seem to have an issue with yours. Since switching to the A55 (Not Chinese I know) I have reloaded all my tracks with apostrophe's since the Sony DAP's don't have this issue. I will not be interested in the M1S if I have to go through changing apostrophe's on thousands of songs again. I will follow this thread for a few months to see what issues the M1S has and how they are addressed before deciding whether to get one. Software has always been a weakness with your DAP's, hopefully you will do a better job with the M1S.

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #53 of 926
Why such secrecy about a device that is due to be released next month?
It was just a few months ago before I decided to get the A55 that I asked @Shanling on the Q1 thread about an upgrade to the Q1. His response was there was no timeline for a new MTouch DAP and now fast forward a few months and we are looking at two new MTouch DAP's close to release. It really does feel like these were rush jobs on development and release of these two new models. Any time something is seemingly developed and released this quickly I have wonder about getting one right away as they tend to be released before complete products. It would be nice to get a timeline on the development of these two DAP's to ease my concerns about getting one.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #56 of 926
Just found out about the Hidizs AP80 PRO-X which has the dual 9219C chips (like the Mo Pro and M3 Ultra) and the Hiby OS of course. It seems to be a competitor more for the M0 Pro but could be a gap filler between the M0 Pro and M1S and it utilizes Hiby OS and Music App which I'm sorry to say is better than Shanling's on both fronts with the Hiby MSEB eq included and a step counter and E-Book support to boot. Price is $183 US so it will be interesting to see where Shanling prices the M0 Pro and the M1S in comparison.

I am expecting the M1S to sound better and likely cost more but is the tradeoff of better software for some sound quality worth it? The screen is a touch smaller than the M1S but it does not have wifi so no streaming which I don't need anyway. I would suspect that feature and spec wise it will be very close to what the M0 Pro will offer and it wouldn't surprise me if the M0 Pro is being released to compete directly with the AP80 PRO-X and it keeps separate SE and Balanced inputs unlike the combo port on the M0 Pro. Just when I thought the Micro DAP market was all but dead we will now have some real nice options to consider in the coming months. Some pretty solid reviews of the AP80 PRO-X so far. Initially I thought that the M1S would be somewhere in this price range but if the M0 Pro is at this price point then I expect the M1s to be closer to $250.00 or even higher.

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #57 of 926
If the m1s is gonna be in the 250-300dollar range i guess i wont be buying one i was planing on getting the m1s as a replacment for my ipod nano for on the go excersize or something. I dont really care for hibiz os either so idk with the yen so weak in japan its hard for me to justify spending close to 30,000yen on a really small dap like this

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #58 of 926
Just found out about the Hidizs AP80 PRO-X which has the dual 9219C chips (like the Mo Pro and M3 Ultra) and the Hiby OS of course. It seems to be a competitor more for the M0 Pro but could be a gap filler between the M0 Pro and M1S and it utilizes Hiby OS and Music App which I'm sorry to say is better than Shanling's on both fronts with the Hiby MSEB eq included and a step counter and E-Book support to boot. Price is $183 US so it will be interesting to see where Shanling prices the M0 Pro and the M1S in comparison.

I am expecting the M1S to sound better and likely cost more but is the tradeoff of better software for some sound quality worth it? The screen is a touch smaller than the M1S but it does not have wifi so no streaming which I don't need anyway. I would suspect that feature and spec wise it will be very close to what the M0 Pro will offer and it wouldn't surprise me if the M0 Pro is being released to compete directly with the AP80 PRO-X and it keeps separate SE and Balanced inputs unlike the combo port on the M0 Pro. Just when I thought the Micro DAP market was all but dead we will now have some real nice options to consider in the coming months. Some pretty solid reviews of the AP80 PRO-X so far. Initially I thought that the M1S would be somewhere in this price range but if the M0 Pro is at this price point then I expect the M1s to be closer to $250.00 or even higher.

Can recommend the ap80 pro X, small enough to use as a workout/chores unit and works great as usb dac or LDAC streaming from your phone. I don't like using tidal unless I have to so the m1s is kind of out for me. Course could stream it like ap80 pro X but the size is better on the hidizs for me.

AP80 px is very neutral and like all hidizs stuff very detailed and revealing. But you can get nice results with mseb system if you want more warmth. I feel at least m1s will be warmer than ap80 and the new m0. But that's just a quess , generally shanling stuff has more warmth and musical flavour. If m3 ultra was just a bit smaller I'd be all over it, because shanling said it's going to be warmer and still have high technicalities.

Just letting you know fish, ap80 X is solid. Not taking anything away from Shanling's excellent products. It's definitely a size thing for me. I'd be happy with a smaller android dap despite the small screen, nw 105 only has low battery life and output against it. I love the form factor. For now I use phone and ap80x for streaming- I don't do alot but I'm always getting free trials from one of the major players. 😀

And shanling is right about an android dap having a too small of a screen in a tiny player. I just have fascination for tiny daps. Plus you don't use streaming so ap80 px would suit your needs. Oh, and yes it basically uses a hiby OS.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #59 of 926
If the m1s is gonna be in the 250-300dollar range i guess i wont be buying one i was planing on getting the m1s as a replacment for my ipod nano for on the go excersize or something. I dont really care for hibiz os either so idk with the yen so weak in japan its hard for me to justify spending close to 30,000yen on a really small dap like this

Still lots unknown for a unit supposedly launching next month.

Nov 19, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #60 of 926
Can recommend the ap80 pro X, small enough to use as a workout/chores unit and works great as usb dac or LDAC streaming from your phone. I don't like using tidal unless I have to so the m1s is kind of out for me. Course could stream it like ap80 pro X but the size is better on the hidizs for me.

AP80 px is very neutral and like all hidizs stuff very detailed and revealing. But you can get nice results with mseb system if you want more warmth. I feel at least m1s will be warmer than ap80 and the new m0. But that's just a quess , generally shanling stuff has more warmth and musical flavour. If m3 ultra was just a bit smaller I'd be all over it, because shanling said it's going to be warmer and still have high technicalities.

Just letting you know fish, ap80 X is solid. Not taking anything away from Shanling's excellent products. It's definitely a size thing for me. I'd be happy with a smaller android dap despite the small screen, nw 105 only has low battery life and output against it. I love the form factor. For now I use phone and ap80x for streaming- I don't do alot but I'm always getting free trials from one of the major players. 😀

And shanling is right about an android dap having a too small of a screen in a tiny player. I just have fascination for tiny daps. Plus you don't use streaming so ap80 px would suit your needs. Oh, and yes it basically uses a hiby OS.
Really appreciate the feedback on the AP80 Pro-X, I was always wary of Hidizs and to a lesser extent iBasso as they don't have great reputations for customer service. The only hesitation I have is the small size. The M0 I had for a couple of months was just to small to be usable for me. I found the Q1 to be about as small a DAP as I can comfortably handle. Unfortunately no one in Canada carry's Hidizs so a demo is out unless I buy one. I will wait until the M0 Pro and M1S come out and then do some soul searching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back