Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Oct 26, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #32 of 938
Me too, that's crazy even equating an exact dollar amount with sound quality. Every Shanling product I've had has sounded good. I expected these 2 new daps to sound very good. And yes I agree with Dvl kubo about m3x- it punched above it's peers in sound quality. Plus when you're talking about very small units like m1 and m0 there's always going to be physical limitations with battery size and how many components you can use compared to a bigger device. I mean M0 was frikin tiny!

What a silly thing to say.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #34 of 938
Can I connect this to a Ru6 dongle for Bluetooth?

We didn't tested directly the RU6, but M1s should be able to work as Bluetooth receiver/USB transport for USB dongles. (if they don't have some extra power demands)

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 31, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #35 of 938
Once again Shanling your timing is off for me on your DAP release. I picked up Sony NW-A55 a couple of months ago and installed the MrWalkman firmware and it sounds great. I got tired of waiting for an updated MTouch DAP to replace my Q1 and pulled the trigger on the A55 before they were all sold out. Don't get me wrong I like the A55 and the custom firmware makes it sound amazing but I would have preferred to go with a nice new MTouch DAP. The A55 is several years old now and it has it's quirks like really slow boot time and the fact the track count display is limited to 9999 and I have over 13,400 tracks on it, issues with some album art and not being able to delete tracks on the player. Also the MrWalkman firmware seems to have issues playing some 44.1 Khz mp3's and flac files for me where it says it does not support the format and skips the last 5 to 10 seconds of some tracks forcing me to convert them to 48 Khz or from mp3 to flac to get them to play all the way through. I have had to convert roughly 100 tracks so far and I keep coming across more all the time.

If the price isn't to bad I might still grab one, as I still have my Q1 as a backup to the A55 and M1S to replace it might be a nice option. Since the Q1 was discontinued I should have no problem selling it. Looking forward to more info on the M1s. I do find the Q1 UI a little lacking so I hope Shanling does a better job with the UI on the newer MTouch models. I was holding out hope Sony would release another Linux based DAP but they are going to be releasing the A305/306 as an update to the A105 sometime late this year or next at an even higher price than the A105. No interest in android so no more Sony DAP's for me after the A55.

Shanling keep the info coming, been longing for a new DAP forum to sink my teeth into and this looks like it could be a good one! I am so glad the Linux based DAP's aren't disappearing altogether.

Nov 1, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #36 of 938
We didn't tested directly the RU6, but M1s should be able to work as Bluetooth receiver/USB transport for USB dongles. (if they don't have some extra power demands)
What colors will be available? Will it be like the m0 with 5 colors or just the 2 colors im hoping theres gonna be a red and blue as i wouldnt mind getting a couple as Christmas presents

Nov 1, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #37 of 938
given the price of the M3X and the M1S replacing the Q1 I am going to guess at a price of $180.00 to $200 US. Any more then that and you are getting pretty close to the M3X price. I am also guessing the M3 Ultra slots in as a replacement for the M5S certainly price wise. So MTouch going foward is the M0 Pro, the M1S and the M3 Ultra. Personally I would have stayed with Q series for the MTouch DAP's to avoid confusing them with the Android DAP's. So Q0, Q1S and Q3 Ultra maybe? but what do I know. I didn't really understand releasing just a single Q series DAP with the Q1 and then dropping it.

Nov 1, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #38 of 938
given the price of the M3X and the M1S replacing the Q1 I am going to guess at a price of $180.00 to $200 US. Any more then that and you are getting pretty close to the M3X price. I am also guessing the M3 Ultra slots in as a replacement for the M5S certainly price wise. So MTouch going foward is the M0 Pro, the M1S and the M3 Ultra. Personally I would have stayed with Q series for the MTouch DAP's to avoid confusing them with the Android DAP's. So Q0, Q1S and Q3 Ultra maybe? but what do I know. I didn't really understand releasing just a single Q series DAP with the Q1 and then dropping it.
M3 Ultra is an Android device, updated M3X.

Nov 1, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #39 of 938
Well the m3x went up in price so idk but yeah price range seems about right. Now im wonder how much the m0 pro is gonna be 100-150 range this kinda is gonna determine the low mid range price for shanling daps but if a m2 comes at 250 ill be scratching my head as to what ima get lol

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #40 of 938
Well the m3x went up in price so idk but yeah price range seems about right. Now im wonder how much the m0 pro is gonna be 100-150 range this kinda is gonna determine the low mid range price for shanling daps but if a m2 comes at 250 ill be scratching my head as to what ima get lol

Shanling priced the M0 and Q1 very close together but I am assuming we will see a bigger price difference between the M0 Pro and the M1S and the M1S is using a higher end DAC than the M0 Pro. You typically see at least $100 to $150 price gap between units so if M0 Pro is $100.00 then figure the M1S closer to $200.00. I can't see Shanling pricing the M1S over $200.00

Nov 3, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #41 of 938
They will be available in December and we still have zero info about the spec, we know spec has been completed long time ago and now it's all about building up hype but come on, you gonna wait till it's in the stores to release any info?

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #42 of 938
Shanling priced the M0 and Q1 very close together but I am assuming we will see a bigger price difference between the M0 Pro and the M1S and the M1S is using a higher end DAC than the M0 Pro. You typically see at least $100 to $150 price gap between units so if M0 Pro is $100.00 then figure the M1S closer to $200.00. I can't see Shanling pricing the M1S over $200.00
what i meant was ok so 100-150 for m0 pro 175-200 for M1s then if a m2 coems out in 250-300 then the ball game will be very confusing as to which would be better

Nov 4, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #43 of 938
what i meant was ok so 100-150 for m0 pro 175-200 for M1s then if a m2 coems out in 250-300 then the ball game will be very confusing as to which would be better
If you read the news about the M1S on Shanling's site it sounds like it will be the top end MTouch period. It claims it is the best sounding MTouch DAP ever made so I don't see how they can top that. Once you get above the M1S in terms of pricing you are looking at android based DAP's. An M2 wouldn't really make sense again because it would be approaching android territory price wise. Other than a bigger screen not much more you can add to the MTouch DAP feature wise given what the M1S already has. Shanling already said they didn't put android on the M1S is because of the small size especially the screen. Once you look at a bigger more expensive model then MTouch over android makes no sense, hence no M2 which was already stopped after the M2X. What would be the next M2 (M2Z?) and an Ultra or Pro doesn't seem likely. I would be happy if Shanling proved my logic wrong however!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back