Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 30, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #1,052 of 3,480

I think the M1's amp needs a bit of burn-in as the SQ now has improved since I got it a few days ago.

The Plenue D's sound signature suits my taste a lot better (not that the M1 is bad) probably due to Cowon's implementation of JetEffect EQ. I keep the EQ on the M1 turned off as there is nothing there that is to my liking (I can't even properly tune the "custom" setting). There is less depth for me on the M1 vs. the D.

At max volume and high gain, it struggles a bit to drive my HS400i but pairs well with the Oppo PM3. Fun sounding with the KZED9 and shows neutral sound with Trinity's Vyrus. Great for the Monk buds. Also pairs well with the Jaybird X2 BT iem.

The small footprint, BT connectivity and USB digital out are pluses. I can connect via BT with my smartphone/desktop and stream music to the M1 which is a great way to stream Spotify.   

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,053 of 3,480

Sorry I didn't spot that. The cable that comes with the M1 is not OTG, so did you need to order a new USB C OTG cable as well?

Here is the link.

http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-devices/shanling-m1-black-dap-high-fidelity-dac-ak4452-32bit192khz-dsd--p-11359.html#idTab1

Just an update - that batch has now sold out.

Edit - The white version is still available - it is just unfortunate that I was interested in the blue version, which they do not seem to sell.
http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dap-digital-audio-player/shanling-m1-white-dap-high-fidelity-dac-ak4452-32bit192khz-dsd--p-11494.html

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,055 of 3,480
$_1.JPG
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301996172236

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #1,058 of 3,480
  Go all the way to the payment screen but don't pay then leave the site.  Some time in the future (could be 5 mins or a couple days)  they will send you an email with a discounted price.

Edit:  Make sure you are logged into your account.

I tried this but email didn't come so placed order and canceled it. After that they send me a how can i help you message 
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys.  Tried it last night... still no e-mail from the seller.
I was logged in, and I did go all the way until the payment page. And it was the right seller...

Maybe they are done with discounts, or maybe low inventory (or just plain weekend).  
Will post an update if I hear back from them.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #1,059 of 3,480

I was logged in, and I did go all the way until the payment page. And it was the right seller...

Maybe they are done with discounts, or maybe low inventory (or just plain weekend).  

Send them a message and ask them for a Head-Fi discount.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #1,060 of 3,480
That looks amazing.
Did it have to be custom made or do they have something like this already?
Also would you have a link available

Send them a message and ask them for a Head-Fi discount.
It is custom made, but they can do others for sure. Will ask if they can sell internationally, because I will not have time to be middle man...

EDIT: forget it, too painstaking to explain this to the seller. I give up.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #1,061 of 3,480

They send me a message again. "could you please make a new order and i will adjusted the price for you" You can ask them to adjust price for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back