Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Nov 1, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #1,097 of 3,480
  Cklie;

Any experience with the M1 and the iphone?  I know the FIIO X3II tries to suck power from the iphone.  I presume the same is true for the M1 but I would really rather be wrong.  Wrong would be a good thing.

Tried already: "This device draws too much power"...

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,098 of 3,480
Bummer.  That is a technical term.

With the FIIO X3, inserting this device allows the X3II to work as a DAC with the iphone, along of course with the CCK.

https://www.amazon.com/Cute-USB-2-Port-Hub-Splitter/dp/B00A81ISJ6

It is only $10 so might be worth a try.  Now I caution; this still allows the iphone to such juice out of the X3II in DAC mode at a rapid rate and depletes the iphone quickly also.  But somehow it does remove the power draw message and allows the X3II to work as an iphone DAC.

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,102 of 3,480
Can the M1 be used as a bluetooth receiver?
i.e plug a transmitter into the headphone socket of a tv and use the m1 to receive the audio and play the audio through connected headphones.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #1,103 of 3,480
i.e plug a transmitter into the headphone socket of a tv and use the m1 to receive the audio and play the audio through connected headphones.

Yes, according to post #1 of this thread... 
wink_face.gif

I haven't received the M1 I ordered yet, to test whether it works.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,104 of 3,480

Yes it can. Tried a couple times already.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,106 of 3,480
  Thanks for the swift replies chaps. Is there any problems with audio being in sync with the video?

The M1 supports APT-X, but I don't know if that includes the Low Latency feature.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,107 of 3,480
  Thanks for the swift replies chaps. Is there any problems with audio being in sync with the video?

I used it mostly with audio book and music with smartphone. But as far as YouTube video goes, it does seems to have a slight lag (sometime not very noticeable). Not sure how that will translate to a BT transmitter.

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #1,108 of 3,480
Has anyone ordered from http://www.audiophonics.fr/? I made an order on Saturday when they said they had stock of the M1, since then I've had no communication at all from them.  Just wondered if anyone had any experience of dealing with them?

I ordered one on Sunday 30/10 and it was shipped today :sunglasses::headphones:

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #1,109 of 3,480
The M1 supports APT-X, but I don't know if that includes the Low Latency feature.

I used it mostly with audio book and music with smartphone. But as far as YouTube video goes, it does seems to have a slight lag (sometime not very noticeable). Not sure how that will translate to a BT transmitter.

Thanks for the replies.
The APT-X is supposed to have a latency of 40ms. Maybe someone who has tried watching films could comment on how bad the lag is.

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,110 of 3,480
  Has anyone ordered from http://www.audiophonics.fr/? I made an order on Saturday when they said they had stock of the M1, since then I've had no communication at all from them.  Just wondered if anyone had any experience of dealing with them?

Just curious as to whether you had an email from them today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back