Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 23, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #871 of 3,480
  If you go on Facebook and type in Forza Audioworks it should be the first thing you see.

The Forza AudioWorks web site also has their Facebook page link, at the top of the homepage.  
wink_face.gif

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #877 of 3,480
Good stuff. Can you verify something for me? I notice when you was using file browser and play a song and ur in the now playing screen and you hold down the button it gives you options. Could you please play a song from my music then go to now playing screen and now hold the wheel down to see if you get more options like album and artist options.
Again, I'm no video pro, so go easy on me :p

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #878 of 3,480
Good stuff. Can you verify something for me? I notice when you was using file browser and play a song and ur in the now playing screen and you hold down the button it gives you options. Could you please play a song from my music then go to now playing screen and now hold the wheel down to see if you get more options like album and artist options.

Nope, you get the same choices. However, if you're in folder browsing mode you can long click on any folder and get a similar pop-up that allows you to delete the folder or go to artist or albums.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #883 of 3,480
Good suggestion, especially for Audiobooks!

Exactly. These are called Digital Audio Players after all, not just Digital Music Players. While I understand and agree that the primary emphasis should be on music playback, other uses should not be ignored and neglected. Versatility and choice should be the watchwords of any equipment which is focused so sharply on personal use.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #884 of 3,480
Good suggestion, especially for Audiobooks!

A lot of my listening is audiobooks.  I've still found the old ipods to be the best in this respect.  Otherwise I have to batch convert a load of the old m4b (apples format for them) to one mp3 file.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #885 of 3,480

A lot of my listening is audiobooks.  I've still found the old ipods to be the best in this respect.  Otherwise I have to batch convert a load of the old m4b (apples format for them) to one mp3 file.

For audiobooks the original Sansa Fuze is hard to beat. It has an ingenious auto-bookmarking scheme. Any file in folders named 'Audiobooks' or 'Podcast' are automatically bookmarked on exit. On the next play of that file a pop-up box asks if you want to resume from last point or start from the beginning. These folders can be in either main memory or on a memory card. In addition, any file with an ID3 tag of Audiobook or Podcast will be treated the same regardless of what folder it is in.

The only limitation with this system is that only the place in the original file is preserved and not the entire playlist, the old Rio Karma recalled the entire playlist along with the file, but did not automatically bookmark.

UPDATE: It seems the modern Sony OS allows an entire playlist to accompany a bookmarked file if the user chooses. This is excellent. (I was specifically reading about the new well-priced Sony A30 series. Well done Sony!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back