Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 22, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #856 of 3,480
1. Not sure
2. Yup. I use "A-C/Artist/Year - Album/Track # - Song". That keeps albums in order of release.
3. Yup. M1 (like the other Shanling DAPs) has EQ.

Happy listening!

Thanks! I couldn't find anything detailing the EQ functionality when I went to the M1 web page. Could any one point me in the right direction?? 

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #860 of 3,480
How do you like it?

It's subjective isn't it? What might sound good to some, might not make it for others. For my case, I find it is a good match with my A6, the soundstage may mot be as wide as the mojo but it was good enough to enjoy the music. I have not gone through the full range of music that I listen to using this, so will have to check back in on a later timing when I do managed to do that.

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #861 of 3,480
Thanks Monday can't come fast enough :blush:
It's subjective isn't it? What might sound good to some, might not make it for others. For my case, I find it is a good match with my A6, the soundstage may mot be as wide as the mojo but it was good enough to enjoy the music. I have not gone through the full range of music that I listen to using this, so will have to check back in on a later timing when I do managed to do that.[/quote

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #862 of 3,480
Quote:
I ordered mine from Amazon (SHENZHENAUDIO) two days ago and because of the bad weather over there in Hong Kong he ship it DHL and the tracking says Monday in the States

Originally Posted by Saoshyant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, I would have thought 3 or so weeks. I might have to break down and buy it soon. Waiting on another dap to arrive first before I make any decisions.

I ordered an M1 for my Dad, from an AliExpress vendor on 29-SEP-16, with free shipping via Singapore Post, and an estimated ~1 month delivery time. So, I'm expecting it sometime during the next week.

My Dad will just be plugging earphones directly into the M1.
I've ordered a selection of 8 different earphones/earbuds in the $23-$40 range, for him to try and select a couple of favorites.  They're all either 16Ω or 32Ω, so should be fairly easy for his phone or the M1 portable DAP to drive.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 23, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #863 of 3,480
I'll try to remember to check in when I get home. Maybe I'll upload a video of the M1 soon...

Pretty Please...   
popcorn.gif

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #865 of 3,480
Just ordered! Looking forward to hooking it up with my Mojo. I have a few of questions…

1. I also ordered this cable. Will this work with the Mojo?
  2. If I set up my directories with a hierarchy of “A-C/Artist Name/Album”, will I be able to use the file browser to select an album? (yes, very noob question, but I’ve never had a DAP before.)
  3. Does it offer any EQ function?

Thanks!!

I think it should work..but that will be redundant to the one that come with m1 package. I got my micro to micro from that seller by the way.

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #866 of 3,480
I just shot a video and am stitching it together in iMovie. It's got an unboxing, walkthrough of hardware and software user interface, a look at the case, and how I hook it up to the Mojo. I'll link to the video once I've got it up on YouTube, so stay tuned. And if you've seen my other videos, you know I'm no professional. So please take it easy on me in the comments, lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back