Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Feb 5, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #4,606 of 6,418
@Shanling I would like to report a problematic issue. Currently, with firmware v2.3,the M0 doesn't seem to support accents.

I have a title named `Né en 17 à Né en 17 à Leidenstadt`, which is simply shortened as `N`.
Another, called `Le Géant de Papier` isn't cut but sees its 'é' converted to what seems like a Japanese character.
Finally, a folder called `[FLAC] Éléor` simply doesn't appear in the list of folders, nor in the list of albums. If I rename it to `[FLAC] Eleor`, everything works fine, but this accent makes the whole folder disappear from the point of view of the DAP.

I already tried to set language to French and then to English, but this issue is apparently not related to the language...

Is there a "fix" for this until an update is released?

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #4,607 of 6,418
Shanling M0 and Grado GR-10e... perfectly portable together!
A83555C2-316D-434B-9993-4AD9D428CDAD.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #4,608 of 6,418
@Shanling I would like to report a problematic issue. Currently, with firmware v2.3,the M0 doesn't seem to support accents. ...

If you scroll back a couple of pages, you will see this being discussed extensively. They are aware it and there seems to be no solution until there is firmware update that deals better with it.

Feb 6, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #4,610 of 6,418
There can be some latency, but never experienced 3 second delay you are claiming.
I'm experiencing exactly 2,5 seconds delay with a fresh install and I tried many combinations in buffer settings. I read almost whole this thread and only a few people mentioned this latency problem, how is it possible? I hoped using M0 as my daily USB DAC with laptop, but in case of such long sound delay, it is unusable if you want more than just Tidal/Spotify/foobar listening :frowning2:

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #4,611 of 6,418
I'm experiencing exactly 2,5 seconds delay with a fresh install and I tried many combinations in buffer settings. I read almost whole this thread and only a few people mentioned this latency problem, how is it possible? I hoped using M0 as my daily USB DAC with laptop, but in case of such long sound delay, it is unusable if you want more than just Tidal/Spotify/foobar listening :frowning2:
M0 is a music player.

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #4,612 of 6,418
M0 is a music player.
Of course I know it ... like I said: "it is unusable, IF you want more than just Tidal/Spotify/foobar listening". Just hoped to get more from this little toy :)

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #4,614 of 6,418
Sad to hear that.
Thought to give it a try but I intended to also use it with my laptop as USB DAC not just a music player. This big latency is defenetely a no go for me :slight_frown:

Feb 6, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #4,615 of 6,418
I don't know if you have this problem.
I bought mine on amazon from MusicTek. And as stated several times here, the sound is great. I have a sony wh-900n and it drives it well. Both have ldac so over bluetooth the sound is really good.
But some week ago, there were severe glitches with the device. At first, it was some random freeze, a quick reboot and it was good. I thought that the micro-sd card was moving a little (I bought the clip too and clip the whole thing on my backpack when I'm on the road, really handy). After a while, it began to get worse. Random shut down, black screen. The rare time I got it to turn on, it became hot. I tried downgrading to 2.2 (I've upgraded it as soon as it came) to no avail.
So right now, it's not usable. It still turn on (I can detect by plugging in my earbud (a small pop occurs)) but nothing show. I contact Amazon and they sending me a replacement. I hope this one's good (They really sound great). If it breaks on me again, I think I'll just get a Cayin N3 (Same Price)

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #4,616 of 6,418
I ran into another issue today: battery life. With low-gain mode and volume around 25-30, I can barely get 6 hours in Bluetooth reception mode (SBC) and about I think 8 hours in wired mode (16-bit 44.1 kHz FLAC files).

Any idea to solve this?

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #4,617 of 6,418
Hi

Could this operate via USB from a Mac running Qobuz -playing hi res files - then output the audio as LDAC Bluetooth?

To be picked up

By a hifi with another MO or LDAC receiver unit attached?

Thanks in advance

(big LDAC fan here)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #4,618 of 6,418
I ran into another issue today: battery life. With low-gain mode and volume around 25-30, I can barely get 6 hours in Bluetooth reception mode (SBC) and about I think 8 hours in wired mode (16-bit 44.1 kHz FLAC files).

Any idea to solve this?
Is this 6 hours until the M0 turns itself off?

Or is it 6 hours until the battery indicator turns red (which you can just ignore).

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #4,620 of 6,418
It's until the battery indicator turns red, but after ~15 minutes (in wired mode) it shows a "LOW BATTERY" message and the indicator becomes empty (just a red rectangle).
It will play for many many hours after that. Just ignore it.

It will turn itself off when it is really empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back