Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Nov 1, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3,797 of 6,418
was wondering, what is the advantage of the Earstudio ES100 to this one? been looking for a way to stream LDAC from my phone
The ES100 has a built-in microphone so it can be used for hands-free calls regardless of whether your headphones have a mic or not. Both are fantastic devices but if you don't plan to use it for phone calls then the M0 delivers more value IMO.

Nov 1, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #3,798 of 6,418
Yet you have the time to moan about it on a forum? You can't be THAT busy then!

Really by the time you'd typed that comment, you could have downloaded Winamp or Tinyplayer, installed it, dragged a few files in and then clicked 'Export playlist' or 'Save M3U'...

You must type really slow, took me 10 seconds to create the post and I wasted hours on the playlists. Tried relative and absolute path and M0 still says it can't find the files when I choose the playlist. I actually own and run my own business so busy is exactly what I am. Wow this took all of 15 seconds to type. Doubt you could create a playlist that fast bud!!

Not moaning simply relaying an experience and looking for feedback, by the way yours was no help at all!!

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #3,801 of 6,418
Lol you guys slay me, btw I type 1WPM no one in the Omniverse is faster. Would like to name the playlists I created on M0 though :wink:

Glad I could slay you, one of my many talents :). Trying not to take this stuff to seriously and keep it light despite ongoing frustrations. Pulled my A17 out of the drawer to listen to one of my 23 playlists earlier. I can still throw my playlists to my Sony receiver from my computer and enjoy my playlists that way to so not all is lost in playlist land.

Nov 2, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #3,802 of 6,418
Yes,
and I like to use a single favorite playlist on different DAPs .
So a playlist/favorites import/export would be very handy .

It would make so much more sense if the music database and playlists were stored on the SD card with the music they belong to. If you switch SD cards your database and playlist are probably useless (unless they contain the same music). It would also solve any import/export problems.

Nov 2, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #3,803 of 6,418
It would make so much more sense if the music database and playlists were stored on the SD card with the music they belong to. If you switch SD cards your database and playlist are probably useless (unless they contain the same music). It would also solve any import/export problems.
I agree,
this would solve my problem too and no export/import would be needed .

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #3,804 of 6,418

I guess since it wasn't an original feature and added on later this was probably the best they could do. But hopefully playlist support will be standard on all future Shanling DAP's and they will get it right in the future.

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #3,805 of 6,418
My requests for features and design:

1. Change the home screen to have 4 buttons instead of having to swipe through the options. Put the "folders" button under the "Music" button. That would make usage much better.
2. If possible, allow digital passthrough to USB when acting as a Bluetooth receiver. (Edit: Saw that this is something Shanling wants to do too.)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #3,806 of 6,418
My requests for features and design:

1. Change the home screen to have 4 buttons instead of having to swipe through the options. Put the "folders" button under the "Music" button. That would make usage much better.
2. If possible, allow digital passthrough to USB when acting as a Bluetooth receiver. (Edit: Saw that this is something Shanling wants to do too.)

Quite like the swipe GUI.

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #3,808 of 6,418
That's the reason why the competition takes good note of the unmet needs and manufactures a superior product in a very short time.
The question is not just about a bad or a "tiny bit of translation"...

I think you should run right out and buy that superior product. Show that bossman who is really the boss.

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #3,809 of 6,418
hey everyone, for those that use this as BT receiver (connect via phone) and on LDAC mode, are FLAC files still recommended or 320kps good enough? Does it lose any quality (kinda new with the whole BT audio thing)
I'm planning to use this with A&K T8iE MkII

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #3,810 of 6,418
hey everyone, for those that use this as BT receiver (connect via phone) and on LDAC mode, are FLAC files still recommended or 320kps good enough? Does it lose any quality (kinda new with the whole BT audio thing)
I'm planning to use this with A&K T8iE MkII
It streams flac files perfectly from my ZX300 with LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back