Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #3,633 of 6,418
For firmware download I always choose to download the compressed file. Not because it saves some bandwidth, but because I will know whether the downloaded file was completed/corrupted or not.

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #3,634 of 6,418
I was uploading firmware quickly on Monday in last 5 minutes before my work ended. Next day direct link to update file was posted and you can find it on first page since then.

Oh, tested it now, I see it only affects sorting in My Music, while it works just fine in folder view, correct?
I will report it and have it hopefully fixed in next firmware.

Correct ,it works fine in folder view the problem exist in My Music only .

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #3,638 of 6,418
This is an RTFM problem.

What does your charger do when the user plugs in a non-Quick Charge compliant device?

As you haven't told us what the make and model of charger is, we cannot answer this question for you.

I don't have the manual.

It still charges it.

This is my QC 3.0 wall charger.

It does say on there:
  • Safe to use: only adopts premium components and smart circuit protections to keep you and your devices safe anytime

So I assume it's fine, unless someone says otherwise.

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #3,639 of 6,418
I don't have the manual.

It still charges it.

This is my QC 3.0 wall charger.

It does say on there:
  • Safe to use: only adopts premium components and smart circuit protections to keep you and your devices safe anytime

So I assume it's fine, unless someone says otherwise.

Thanks!

Your charger automatically regulates the output voltage and amperage. You won’t get fast charging, but it will be much faster than usb from a pc or lappy. M0 will be fine, it also has a voltage regulator :wink:

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #3,642 of 6,418
Planning on doing the firmware update today and I was just wondering if any of you who have done the update notice any changes in usability?

I am thinking mainly of the accuracy of the scroll wheel and the touchscreen. Kind of hoping @Shanling will provide a list of the minor updates made with this firmware update at some point. I am looking forward to trying external playlists. With my Sony A17 and MediaGo software external playlists were a breeze to import. I started using Media Monkey but I have noticed there is no option for choosing absolute or virtual paths for exporting playlists.

Can you guys recommend a good program for handling external playlists for Windows?

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #3,643 of 6,418
Planning on doing the firmware update today and I was just wondering if any of you who have done the update notice any changes in usability?

I am thinking mainly of the accuracy of the scroll wheel and the touchscreen. Kind of hoping @Shanling will provide a list of the minor updates made with this firmware update at some point. I am looking forward to trying external playlists. With my Sony A17 and MediaGo software external playlists were a breeze to import. I started using Media Monkey but I have noticed there is no option for choosing absolute or virtual paths for exporting playlists.

Can you guys recommend a good program for handling external playlists for Windows?

I've long been a fan of MediaMonkey to manage my library and create/sync playlists. MusicBee is also quite good.

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #3,644 of 6,418
I am thinking mainly of the accuracy of the scroll wheel and the touchscreen.

I have noticed nothing so if there were any changes they are subtle at best. Most likely there are none or they would have been listed.

I made some using foobar2000 that worked well on the M0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back