Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #2,671 of 6,413
Sounds much better too:wink:
I’m just afraid I’ll miss some Rockbox functionalities. Like replayGain. But the newer M0 should undoubtedly perform better in audio, given they were released almost a decade apart. (From NwAvGuy’s measurement the Clip plus was already outperformed by iPhones and iPods of the era in some aspects)

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #2,672 of 6,413
I’m just afraid I’ll miss some Rockbox functionalities. Like replayGain. But the newer M0 should undoubtedly perform better in audio, given they were released almost a decade apart. (From NwAvGuy’s measurement the Clip plus was already outperformed by iPhones and iPods of the era in some aspects)

Yep my clip+ was rockboxed and that was really nice to play around with the multiple sound settings. Especially the stereo widening- helped with the narrow sound stage. Never really liked the replay gain effect as it always seemed to mess with the dynamics a bit with some of my music.

But it would be really cool to have rockbox on the M0, I can only imagine what could be done.

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #2,673 of 6,413
Yep my clip+ was rockboxed and that was really nice to play around with the multiple sound settings. Especially the stereo widening- helped with the narrow sound stage. Never really liked the replay gain effect as it always seemed to mess with the dynamics a bit with some of my music.

But it would be really cool to have rockbox on the M0, I can only imagine what could be done.
Anyway, I’ll hit purchase button and join the club soon!

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #2,674 of 6,413
Dr. Phony got a new patient on his couch :grin:

M0_couch.JPG

Aug 18, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #2,676 of 6,413
So what did they release on the 17th? I don't see anything new?

Aug 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #2,679 of 6,413
I bought a refurbed Sansa clip+ and it just broke. Was thinking about re-purchasing one more Sansa, but now I’m changing my mind. I like its low output impedance+wiress technologies. Perfect solution for me who wants to roam around the house with my Etymotic IEMs playing my desktop library!
Sounds much better too:wink:
...and the battery lasts twice as long.

Aug 19, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #2,680 of 6,413
Yesterday I received my M0 - it's an amazing, fantastic sounding little device, but I have one strange issue. Wonder if someone else encountered the same:

In "My Music" navigation many albums have a reversed track order. The 2. and 3. track are reversed. In "Folder" navigation the track order is correct:

Example: "Metallica - ... And Justice For All" album

"My Music" navigation:

Blackened
Eye Of The Beholder
... And Justice For All

"Folder" navigation:

01. Metallica - Blackened
02. Metallica - ... And Justice For All
03. Metallica - Eye Of The Beholder

I'm 100% sure that my files are all tagged properly.
I also think, that the player has problems in "My Music" with multiple disc albums. I would expect, that first all tracks of the first disc are shown, followed by all tracks of the subsequent disc(s).
But that's unfortunately not the case.

I hope that those issues will be fixed with the next firmware update ! Last but not least I would love to see the implementation of Replay Gain.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #2,682 of 6,413
Yesterday I received my M0 - it's an amazing, fantastic sounding little device, but I have one strange issue. Wonder if someone else encountered the same:

In "My Music" navigation many albums have a reversed track order. The 2. and 3. track are reversed. In "Folder" navigation the track order is correct:

Example: "Metallica - ... And Justice For All" album

"My Music" navigation:

Blackened
Eye Of The Beholder
... And Justice For All

"Folder" navigation:

01. Metallica - Blackened
02. Metallica - ... And Justice For All
03. Metallica - Eye Of The Beholder

I'm 100% sure that my files are all tagged properly.
I also think, that the player has problems in "My Music" with multiple disc albums. I would expect, that first all tracks of the first disc are shown, followed by all tracks of the subsequent disc(s).
But that's unfortunately not the case.

I hope that those issues will be fixed with the next firmware update ! Last but not least I would love to see the implementation of Replay Gain.

The reversed track issue I mentioned to shanling quite a while ago. It's something to do with the disc option in the tags?
I guess they are still working on a solution to it.

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #2,685 of 6,413
With stated output of 80 mW into 32 ohms, ohms law says 1.6V. I have not see a published voltage.
Thanks. I don’t really understand all this but would maximum volume on high gain give out a higher voltage?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back