Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 19, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #2,688 of 6,418
Thanks. I don’t really understand all this but would maximum volume on high gain give out a higher voltage?
ESS rates the ES9218P output as 2V RMS.

Aug 19, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #2,689 of 6,418
I had a volume based experience yesterday with my new precious M0. I plugged in my old AKG K26P (32 ohm) headphones and listened to music. I paused the music, entered the "Settings" menu and swipped here and swipped there to get a feeling for operating the touchscreen and chose "yes" without reading the popping up text only seing the slider i clicked on was now set to "Lo". Oh nice i thought to myself must be the lo(w) / hi(gh) gain setting.

Went back to the "Now playing" screen and pushed on the pause symbol. A nearly pantswetting war was settled between my ears for the next 4 seconds till i recovered from the shock and was able to get the headphones off my head. After i got lord over the blood pouring fountain inside my ears i relaxed and took a second look at the settings menu.

"Lo" did not mean low gain... it was L(INE) O(UT) and the text that popped up informed about the fakt that the output volume now is set to 100%.

I found the true hi/lo gain setting and happy happy joy joy it was ofc set to high. :grin: (meaning 80mw on higain went straight into my sensitive elfish ears)

*** joking aside im really happy with the M0. Small audiophil powerhouse. Already wrote down some words, made pictures of it including size comparison next to some other devices. Im waiting for the Arc-1 wireless heaphones from AIWA (inc. 22.08) and try it out with the M0 than i post the review ***

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #2,694 of 6,418
Hello,

I'm wondering if the Shanling M0 has issues when it comes to accidental volume changing when in a pocket?

If it doesn't, I might just pull the trigger... my Ruizu A50 had a really wonky scroll wheel that caused its player to increase in volume ridiculously loud so suddenly at times, it got SUPER annoying.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #2,695 of 6,418
Yesterday I received my M0 - it's an amazing, fantastic sounding little device, but I have one strange issue. Wonder if someone else encountered the same:

In "My Music" navigation many albums have a reversed track order. The 2. and 3. track are reversed. In "Folder" navigation the track order is correct:

There is some problem in software with albums with disc numbers. Was reported to our team some time ago.

Hi. How many Volts is the Line Out from an M0? Thanks.

Line Out will do full 2V.

Hello,

I'm wondering if the Shanling M0 has issues when it comes to accidental volume changing when in a pocket?

If it doesn't, I might just pull the trigger... my Ruizu A50 had a really wonky scroll wheel that caused its player to increase in volume ridiculously loud so suddenly at times, it got SUPER annoying.

If you are afraid of accidental volume changes in pocket, in settings you can lock volume wheel while screen is off.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 20, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #2,697 of 6,418
I had a volume based experience yesterday with my new precious M0. I plugged in my old AKG K26P (32 ohm) headphones and listened to music. I paused the music, entered the "Settings" menu and swipped here and swipped there to get a feeling for operating the touchscreen and chose "yes" without reading the popping up text only seing the slider i clicked on was now set to "Lo". Oh nice i thought to myself must be the lo(w) / hi(gh) gain setting.

Went back to the "Now playing" screen and pushed on the pause symbol. A nearly pantswetting war was settled between my ears for the next 4 seconds till i recovered from the shock and was able to get the headphones off my head. After i got lord over the blood pouring fountain inside my ears i relaxed and took a second look at the settings menu.

"Lo" did not mean low gain... it was L(INE) O(UT) and the text that popped up informed about the fakt that the output volume now is set to 100%.

I found the true hi/lo gain setting and happy happy joy joy it was ofc set to high. :grin: (meaning 80mw on higain went straight into my sensitive elfish ears)

*** joking aside im really happy with the M0. Small audiophil powerhouse. Already wrote down some words, made pictures of it including size comparison next to some other devices. Im waiting for the Arc-1 wireless heaphones from AIWA (inc. 22.08) and try it out with the M0 than i post the review ***

Yeah I have accidentally hit the volume slider a couple of times and nearly blew my eardrums. :L3000: So I set the Max Volume to 70 just to be safe, I typically listen between 50 to 55 so 70 Max should be fine for me.:smile_phones: I don't use the volume slider and prefer the scroll wheel, it would be nice to be able to disable the volume slider for just this reason.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #2,700 of 6,418
shanling m0 working perfectly as transport to chord Hugo 2 but problem is with dsd files. it should output dsd as dop to Hugo 2 once the option is set in shanling but it is not even able to stream even dsd64 as dop leave alone dsd256. others having same problem ? I have latest version of firmware which is 2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back