Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 17, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #2,656 of 6,413
This!!! Would not have even considered the M0 if it weren't for the form factor as I already have a V30 phone. The M0 simply fits a use case (working out/running/hiking/etc.) better than any other DAP I've seen.

M0 is the ultimate in high quality truly portable sound. Basically a Sansa clip on steroids. A hifi system in a 2x2 inch box.

Aug 17, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #2,657 of 6,413
I'm using the M0 as usb digital source, works nicely.
I don't know if this was discussed before but I would love to be able to stream bluetooth to it this way and for it to convert the bluetooth signal to usb digital out, going into my desktop dac.. chance we might see this in future?

Aug 17, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #2,658 of 6,413
M0 is the ultimate in high quality truly portable sound. Basically a Sansa clip on steroids. A hifi system in a 2x2 inch box.
Yep...Size & Sound Quality are a great combo...replaced my Sansa Clip :)

TBH...never could get used to working out/running/etc. with a smart phone

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #2,659 of 6,413
I'm using the M0 as usb digital source, works nicely.
I don't know if this was discussed before but I would love to be able to stream bluetooth to it this way and for it to convert the bluetooth signal to usb digital out, going into my desktop dac.. chance we might see this in future?
Doesn't delay concern you?
@Shanling isn't there any way to lower latency over usb? It's shame i can't use this neat little device as dac

Aug 17, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #2,660 of 6,413
For one day I go to Hong Kong and so many posts awaits me :)

Can you tell me, are you using my music or folder browsing?
In My Music they should be sorted correctly if you have them tagged correctly with track numbers.
For folders, will ask if we can add some ode that would be doing some recognition between single and double digits.

I am using folder browsing! Looking forward to the FW update :)

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #2,661 of 6,413
Doesn't delay concern you?
@Shanling isn't there any way to lower latency over usb? It's shame i can't use this neat little device as dac

Yep I really wish the delay wasn't there... I was hoping to use it for movies/games, as a general dac, but it's only use is music listening...

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #2,663 of 6,413
Jump in the car. Switch off the bluetooth in settings. Switch off M0,Switch on M0. wait a bit for it to start for sure.Go to settings . bluetooth and switch on Blue tooth.
Search and it should be their at the very bottom.
Progress. It now have found my Subaru but M0 still can’t connect to it and since it won’t, I can’t input key code to pair

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #2,665 of 6,413
Probably best to get a new car. Color match it to the M0 while you are at it.
yes, that thought crossed my mind too lol it has always been an issue with difficulty pairing this car (subaru impreza) it does it (with phones) but usually takes 2-3 attempts whit cycling on/off the headunit.

I do have a beater bt speaker (doss) that also requires to input keys but as soon as I click to connect on the M0, it paired up automatically, no keys required.

Aug 17, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #2,666 of 6,413
Probably best to get a new car. Color match it to the M0 while you are at it.

May as well ask for Shanling to machine the body out of a solid block of aluminum for you... :wink:

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #2,667 of 6,413
This!!! Would not have even considered the M0 if it weren't for the form factor as I already have a V30 phone. The M0 simply fits a use case (working out/running/hiking/etc.) better than any other DAP I've seen.

I get that, in some instances when you find a DAP like the M0 form factor plays in. But in general if you are going from DAP to DAP hoping to hear a big difference it might be better sometimes to change headphones instead of DAP's. I am very careful about matching the headphones I buy to the DAP I want to use in terms of power etc.. It's a big reason I don't buy many DAP's, once I get a headphone and DAP really well matched I stick with it. More often then not updating the DAP is about either getting a new or improved feature set or in the case of the M0 the change to get something super portable. Big reason I never upgraded my A17 to the A35 is it didn't have anything I didn't already have and lost some features that my A17 did have. Sound quality wise I didn't find much of difference to justify the cash outlay for the A35. A45 similar argument, didn't really offer anything different feature wise from my A17 that I needed, less battery life and alot less onboard memory. Not gonna spend $300 for a small upgrade in sound quality. Now that I have tried both a hardware based and touchscreen based DAP over an extended period I now know my next DAP will need to have hardware buttons to work for me.

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #2,668 of 6,413
Ok it’s Friday baby! Were’s the new dap Shanling? I’m itching to spend some more $$$ it’s burning a hole in me pocket as they say :wink:

I just had a weird thought about the saying ‘money is burning a hole in my pocket’. What if your pocket was filled with coins when the hole was burning in your pocket and they were spilling out in the street, and little beggar kids with nicer shoes than me were scrambling to pick up the $$$ Noooooooooooo!

Well if you have that much cash burning a hole in your pocket I would be willing to help you spend it.:deadhorse:

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #2,669 of 6,413
I bought a refurbed Sansa clip+ and it just broke. Was thinking about re-purchasing one more Sansa, but now I’m changing my mind. I like its low output impedance+wiress technologies. Perfect solution for me who wants to roam around the house with my Etymotic IEMs playing my desktop library!

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #2,670 of 6,413
I bought a refurbed Sansa clip+ and it just broke. Was thinking about re-purchasing one more Sansa, but now I’m changing my mind. I like its low output impedance+wiress technologies. Perfect solution for me who wants to roam around the house with my Etymotic IEMs playing my desktop library!

Sounds much better too:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back