Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
Dec 9, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #301 of 776
Haven't tried streaming yet but am certainly enjoying CD playback via USB.

. . . later that morning . . .

Having trouble getting Bluetooth to connect.

First this:
1702124329165.png

Then a minute or two later:
1702124705887.png

ad infinitum . . .

Will peruse the manual.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #303 of 776
Must be proximity to my desktop PC in another room.
No problem pairing with my Android phone in the same room.

What I do sometimes is to just switch off the power and restart the ET-3. :beyersmile:

Dec 9, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #305 of 776
Yes.
Did that . . . but to no avail . . .
Hmm… that is strange. If I am using my iphone, I never have an issue. However with DAPs I find that some DAPs have slightly weaker BT. Others less of an issue. Let’s see if @Shanling has any suggestions when he comes back from the weekend.

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #309 of 776
Ongoing problems with Bluetooth.
I have a laptop right next to the ET3. Turned on Bluetooth. Computer says it is paired with the ET3, but the ET3 displaysays "Bluetooth not connected".
???????

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #310 of 776
I think when the manual talks about 2TB SSD limit, they mean something which is not independently powered. I am actually running a 12 TB Seagate expansion external hard disk. But of course it has its own power source. :)

Dec 9, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #313 of 776
Thanks I will try it first with one of WD usb drives if that works I will then probably buy a ssd.
Yeah… I can say it does work with a powered USB 3.0 HDD. I tried it with 2 Seagate HDDs and it works with SynchLink as well as NAS. Look forward to hearing about your experience with SSD. :)

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #315 of 776
DLNA compatibility is a big bonus.
As for HDD/SSD, I would not bother connecting it via USB to the CD player. In my experience it sounds better to serve files via DLNA, too. I expect you can play it through the ET3 that way as well. I tested this with 4-5 streamers, and all sounded better when the files were not served via local USB (local PCIe is another story). I guess it might be related to EM/RF noise / computation needs. But for some reason I mostly preferred Qobuz streaming vs local file streaming, and CD playback to Qobuz (16/44.1), but I guess my CD players were just better than my streamers.

Purely as a CD transport, how does the ET3 sound quality compare to other hot CD transports like the new Audiolab 9000CDT, ProJect RS2T, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back