Setup Upgrade?
Jul 31, 2010 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vedub

New Head-Fier
I've been browsing for a bit and made a few purchases from advice here in the past, but I'm back with a question.

I'm looking to upgrade my current portable set up.

Right now I have an Ipod classic hooked up to a fiio e7 and I'm using jvc ha-rx900's.

I need a portable set up because I use this when working at the office and I'd like to make an upgrade.  The question is should I upgrade to a new amp or new phones? I'm looking at the akg k701's or hd600's maybe 595's.  But I have no idea where to go with amps, any advice would be appreciated.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:

I need a portable set up because I use this when working at the office and I'd like to make an upgrade.  The question is should I upgrade to a new amp or new phones? I'm looking at the akg k701's or hd600's maybe 595's.  But I have no idea where to go with amps, any advice would be appreciated.

Hello and Welcome!!!
If you plan to change your headphones, for your portable setup...i would look for portable headphones...the models you listed are for home listening. 

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Sorry, let me correct myself, any size of phone is honestly ok; I just can't be bringing a large amp in.  As you can see I'm currently using some giant cans (jvc ha-rx900's) so size doesn't matter.  

And thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'll try and TLDR with this last bump.

Best  upgrade of fiio e7 and jvc ha-rx 900's for under 500$?

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
And thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'll try and TLDR with this last bump.

Best  upgrade of fiio e7 and jvc ha-rx 900's for under 500$?

You're welcome 
smile_phones.gif

Which kinds of music you listen to? 

Jul 31, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
You're welcome 
smile_phones.gif

Which kinds of music you listen to? 

Just about anything but what most would call country.  It ranges from post rock to hip hop to mash up to classical to some "dream pop" mostly.  

Just depends on whatever I feel like listening to that day.  

The HA-RX900's have some punchy bass which I don't mind when listening to electronica / hip hop but I don't need nor dislike this in a headphone.

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 7
^ Yea what type of music do you listen to? What is the source file? What is your music encoded in? Any specific sound signature you want? 

I'm really apt to recommend the K702s with an iBasso PB1 but I don't know if you would like that lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back