Serious security problems with Alessandro's site
Sep 6, 2005 at 10:26 AM Post #47 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by micmic
mariadoc, luuk:
Did you got them finally!?
I ordered mine few weeks ago and still nothing.
Can't contact with company too. :/

No
I send them an email last saturday but didn't get an answer. Called them yesterday, but they didn't pick up the phone. Will try it again today.
When did you ordered the headphones?

Sep 6, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #48 of 91
Still haven't got them....
One thing for sure--> I will never order from them again!
Guess my next purchase (if it will come) will be an grado or an akg.

Sep 6, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #49 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariadoc
No
I send them an email last saturday but didn't get an answer. Called them yesterday, but they didn't pick up the phone. Will try it again today.
When did you ordered the headphones?

Just FYI, it was a national holiday in the US (Labor Day). Most businesses are closed.

Sep 6, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #50 of 91
Looks from posts above and this as well:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=133880
like they have all the time 'Labour Day' :|
Lucky ppl :/
I've ordered mine last week of August, so well - long waiting behind me...
confused.gif

PS
Maybe - from other side - they are on longer vacation or something which is nothing wrong, but why the hell they don't made autoresponse for e-mails ("Sorry for delay - we'll be back 15th of September"), or info on site!

Sep 6, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #51 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
My sister ordered the ms-1's for my birthday with her creditcard, she got an receipt for the order. I mailed the guy a couple of times to ask how far the order was, didn't got any reply's '(the order is now 4 weeks ago)! So my sister called yesterday, the person on the phone said the didn't received the order or something like that, but called my sister today and guess what: there is $100 from her creditcard to alessandro. So I think my sister is gonna give a bad call tomorrow to the company, I post here to warn other people before ordering from alessandro. I sure hope they give great sound, that will make the wounds heal faster.
(.

Call her credit card company and tell them she was fradulently charged for a product you never received. Charges before shipping a product is bad business practice (which Alessandro apparently seems to excel in); charges and not shipping for a month is fraud.

Sep 6, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #52 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColStripe
Just FYI, it was a national holiday in the US (Labor Day). Most businesses are closed.

It has nothing to do with Labor Day. If you read through this thread you'll discover that not answering phone calls and ignoring emails appears to be a business model for Alessandro. The customer who actually speaks with someone or is informed that their order has been shipped is the exception, not the rule. I really love my MS-1, but from what I read here I'm lucky I was able to purchase them from a fellow Head-Fi'er and not directly from the company. I got 'em the day after I paid for 'em.

Sep 6, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #53 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
It has nothing to do with Labor Day. If you read through this thread you'll discover that not answering phone calls and ignoring emails appears to be a business model for Alessandro. The customer who actually speaks with someone or is informed that their order has been shipped is the exception, not the rule. I really love my MS-1, but from what I read here I'm lucky I was able to purchase them from a fellow Head-Fi'er and not directly from the company. I got 'em the day after I paid for 'em.

Well they have an obvious customer service problem being available period. But I would guess, Alessandro, like almost all businesses were closed on Labor Day. Just a simple fact.

And btw, I do have a MS-1 on order, I figure I'll get it before XMas if I'm lucky
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #54 of 91
Everyone needs to keep in mind that Alessandro's distribution deal with Grado has something to do with the Alessandro line being for professional musicians and not for the general public. In the past, they have refused phone orders when people didn't know this and when asked, said they weren't musicians, while others have lied saying they are guitarists, etc. So what you all see as poor customer service is probably their way of maintaining a low volume and staying in Grado's good graces. They are a smaller company catering to musicians, and probably don't want to deal with the growth required or the changes in their deal with Grado to allow them to consistently offer their products regualr consumers. This has been discussed many times before, and while it's not clear on their website (and it should be), it's certainly known by many members here.

I'm not condoning the way they do business, but a little understanding goes a long ways.

Sep 6, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #55 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4
Everyone needs to keep in mind that Alessandro's distribution deal with Grado has something to do with the Alessandro line being for professional musicians and not for the general public. In the past, they have refused phone orders when people didn't know this and when asked, said they weren't musicians, while others have lied saying they are guitarists, etc. So what you all see as poor customer service is probably their way of maintaining a low volume and staying in Grado's good graces. They are a smaller company catering to musicians, and probably don't want to deal with the growth required or the changes in their deal with Grado to allow them to consistently offer their products regualr consumers. This has been discussed many times before, and while it's not clear on their website (and it should be), it's certainly known by many members here.

I'm not condoning the way they do business, but a little understanding goes a long ways.

After i ordered the headphones i read the thing about them only being for musicians. But if i didn't read the head-fi forums i would not know this. Besides, They charged my fathers credit card, which they shouldn't if they didn't want to sell me the headphones.

I had contact with them both by telephone and email about my (internet-)order and they said everything was oke, and i could expect the headphone to be delivered within 2-3 weeks.
It has been over 6 weeks now and i'm starting to worry. Send them an email and called them yesterday and today. But they didn't replied my email and all i hear on telephone is an answering-machine.
Rty to call them again tomorrow.

Sep 6, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #56 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariadoc
After i ordered the headphones i read the thing about them only being for musicians. But if i didn't read the head-fi forums i would not know this. Besides, They charged my fathers credit card, which they shouldn't if they didn't want to sell me the headphones.

I had contact with them both by telephone and email about my (internet-)order and they said everything was oke, and i could expect the headphone to be delivered within 2-3 weeks.
It has been over 6 weeks now and i'm starting to worry. Send them an email and called them yesterday and today. But they didn't replied my email and all i hear on telephone is an answering-machine.
Rty to call them again tomorrow.

They are probably held up at customs. Call Dutch customs and ask. Make sure you have as much info on the package as possible so they know what to look for. I had a package stuck at customs for 2 months. I called them every week and got the same answer every single time. "Your package is right in front of me, I'm looking at it now. On shelf two. We're kind of behind so I wouldn't expect them untill next week."
Very frustrating. I think the same thing could be happing to you. Because Alessandro doens't charge your credit card until they ship.

Sep 7, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #57 of 91
I tried to order a pair of MS-2's today from work but their expired security certificate and crummy software kept me from completing the order. Got home, turned off all my security measures for 5 mins. and tried again and it went right thru. I have an order confirmation number and receipt. I'll give them till my CC statement comes in and if I don't have the cans I will just dispute the charge and let the CC company deal with them. I hope their cans are worth it.

Sep 7, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #58 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4

If this is indeed true then it would benefit both Alessadnro and the general public to spell out their sales policy in no uncertain terms. I couldn't find anything on their website that says their headphones are for sale to musicians only. In fact a statement right at the top of their homepage reads:

"Choose a category from the panel on the left for more information about our ever-expanding range of products for the discerning musician and audiophile."

Emphasis mine. Audiophile. Sounds like most folks here. If Alessandro only wants to sell headphones to professional musicians there are better and more efficient ways of communicating that than NOT communicating.

Sep 7, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #59 of 91
Yes, finally they have arrived! Don't know why it took so long, but it was worth waiting for it. I think I will remember the smell of the alessandro's forever, they have such a typical smell. The sound is really what you all said: not an overflow on bass, but it's pretty punchy. The highs are really great, detailled for what I can hear now (playin alanis morisette and iron maiden). I'm gonna enjoy it now easy for a couple of days and give it a burn-in. Any tips or things I should do?
thanks for your support all.
Luuk

Sep 7, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #60 of 91
I can't believ this!!!!!

Just when i decided to call the creditcard-company that i was fradulently charged for a product i did not receive. When i got home, i found a paper that i can pick up the 'phones at the post-office tomorrow.
Have to wait another day
rolleyes.gif
.....I don't care
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back