Serious security problems with Alessandro's site
Aug 16, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #31 of 91
My full CC# is printed out on my bills I get from Capital One in the mail too, but everything's been okay so far. As long as your CC company has a responsible policy and doesn't force you to pay for unauthorized charges, it's okay. It's a horrible practice for CC#s to be printed out in full on invoices, but that along with a whole lot of other personal information is available through lots of other sources that you may not be aware of.

edit: get a decent paper shredder =)

Aug 16, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #32 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
My full CC# is printed out on my bills I get from Capital One in the mail too, but everything's been okay so far. As long as your CC company has a responsible policy and doesn't force you to pay for unauthorized charges, it's okay. It's a horrible practice for CC#s to be printed out in full on invoices, but that along with a whole lot of other personal information is available through lots of other sources that you may not be aware of.

edit: get a decent paper shredder =)

True - and i've got an Uber cross cut job!
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #33 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
eek.gif
Had the sudden urge to check my reciept after reading this - and indeed, my full CC number is there for any thieving scumbag to make use of!
eek.gif
mad.gif

That is terrible and obviously unacceptable. Whoever is running that show at Alessandro must be a complete and utter wanker.

Aug 17, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #34 of 91
I emailed Alessandro over a month ago with a simple inquiry about the MS-1 and never received a response. Unacceptable. Personally I don't care how good their cans are - if that's the kind of service/support I can expect as a paying customer then I'm sorry, but I'll just go elsewhere to spend my money.

Here's a suggestion for Alessandro - if you don't want to deal with email, a secure website with online ordering, etc., then the answer is simple - DON'T HAVE A WEB PRESENCE. The way you're handling your web business right now is doing way more harm than good.

Aug 17, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #35 of 91
my pos e-mail service has security issues (at least according to firefox's certifacete checker) mneh, thats what i get for using hotmail.

anyways, may i request that a moderator break out the "compare ip addresses tool" and then break out the banning stick? just a request, if it hasnt been done yet... this whole thread feels fishy to me... 2 brand-newbies complaining about the exactly same very-small headphone brand.... a little much...

Aug 17, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #36 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
my pos e-mail service has security issues (at least according to firefox's certifacete checker) mneh, thats what i get for using hotmail.

anyways, may i request that a moderator break out the "compare ip addresses tool" and then break out the banning stick? just a request, if it hasnt been done yet... this whole thread feels fishy to me... 2 brand-newbies complaining about the exactly same very-small headphone brand.... a little much...

....what are you talking about? There's obviously a problem with Alessandro in regards to their website, and to an even bigger extent, their credit card management system. Why should a person be banned for stating out bad business practices? It doesn't matter if it's Alessandro or Sennheiser, if something's wrong with the company then as a consumer I should be able to voice my concerns.

Aug 17, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #37 of 91
Quote:

I guess you are referring to me here, mod can check away all he wants, I have nothing to hide and no axe to grind here, just wanted to share my recent experience with this company. I found out about the MS-1's from this site and thought it appropriate to post in this thread. It is obvious, my problems with this company are not unique, in fact, while researching my purchase, I remember reading a few other mentions of emails and phone calls never being returned. I found a great local dealer (BTW, Allesandro is also local to me), demoed most of the Grado line, Senns and some AKG's, and bought some AKG K501's and I am very happy!

Aug 23, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #38 of 91
My sister ordered the ms-1's for my birthday with her creditcard, she got an receipt for the order. I mailed the guy a couple of times to ask how far the order was, didn't got any reply's '(the order is now 4 weeks ago)! So my sister called yesterday, the person on the phone said the didn't received the order or something like that, but called my sister today and guess what: there is $100 from her creditcard to alessandro. So I think my sister is gonna give a bad call tomorrow to the company, I post here to warn other people before ordering from alessandro. I sure hope they give great sound, that will make the wounds heal faster.
@nikongod: Isn't a forum supposed to be a place where you share information, even if it's some bad information/ knowledge?
You probably haven't been through the torture for waiting a month and still have nothing
frown.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #39 of 91
well, couldn't many of these ordering problems be avoided by ordering over the phone? i want to buy some ms-1s soon........

i wonder if i can pay any othre way than credit card..........

Aug 24, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #40 of 91
Quote:

Are you on crack? Go check out the site yourself.. they clearly have an expired cert, registered to a 3rd party and self-signed to boot. Thats simply moronic. I won't buy anything from them online either, god only knows where the data is actually going.

Aug 24, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #41 of 91
forced to buy used since their service is pretty appalling... glad this thread was started or else i might have bought from their website and still waiting for the headphones... instead i bought used and im listening to them now
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #42 of 91
If you can get through to them by phone, don't consider any other way of doing it. When you speak directly to Alessandro or a sales rep, they do take down your order right away and get to work as soon as they have stock so they give you a live estimated shipping time (typically 1 week within the country). I don't know about their website, since they never check emails, but I doubt they check their online orders immediately if at all; or I bet someone else besides Alessandro handles that part and aren't communicating the orders very well.

It's always better to speak directly with a real person in terms of service, if you want speed and careful attention.

Aug 24, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #43 of 91
Like you i'm waiting for about a month now, and hate to hear this.
Hope our 'phones will finally arrive within this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
My sister ordered the ms-1's for my birthday with her creditcard, she got an receipt for the order. I mailed the guy a couple of times to ask how far the order was, didn't got any reply's '(the order is now 4 weeks ago)! So my sister called yesterday, the person on the phone said the didn't received the order or something like that, but called my sister today and guess what: there is $100 from her creditcard to alessandro. So I think my sister is gonna give a bad call tomorrow to the company, I post here to warn other people before ordering from alessandro. I sure hope they give great sound, that will make the wounds heal faster.
@nikongod: Isn't a forum supposed to be a place where you share information, even if it's some bad information/ knowledge?
You probably haven't been through the torture for waiting a month and still have nothing
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #44 of 91
Yeah, my sister called today, and it should arrive before this tuesday(2/3 weeks to deliver, according to the guy on the phone, so a couple of days to go, still strange that they first said they didn't receive the order
mad.gif
). If not I will call the postservices and if they can't give a good answer where it is, I will call alessandro again.
But did you also order the alessandro ms-1 mariadoc?
When did you paid it?
Maybe they ship them together, who knows..
Let's pray
sorry for offtopic

Aug 25, 2005 at 9:46 AM Post #45 of 91
I ordered them on the 24th of July. And Alessandro collected the money about a week later.
Yes, they said it would take 2 or 3 weeks. So the last days everytime i'm coming home i hope they have arrived.
i hope we are worried without a reason
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
Yeah, my sister called today, and it should arrive before this tuesday(2/3 weeks to deliver, according to the guy on the phone, so a couple of days to go, still strange that they first said they didn't receive the order
mad.gif
). If not I will call the postservices and if they can't give a good answer where it is, I will call alessandro again.
But did you also order the alessandro ms-1 mariadoc?
When did you paid it?
Maybe they ship them together, who knows..
Let's pray
sorry for offtopic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back