Serious security problems with Alessandro's site
Aug 14, 2005 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

josh files

New Head-Fier
There are some serious security problems with Alessandros site at the moment, I dont recommend ordering from them at the moment. Their security certificate is expired and is registered to a differant site. Wasnt sure what forum to post this in.

Aug 14, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 91
Yeah, considering the people who run Alessandro's store aren't very tech savy, I would rather call them up on the phone instead.
smily_headphones1.gif
It'll actually be faster that way as well.

Aug 14, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 91
I got them on the phone and asked them when they expect to have a new certificate in place and they told me that they have no intentions of fixing the problem. (I asked the about 6-7weeks ago)

It is their contention that there is no problem and that certificate is unnecessary and is just wasted money!

I tired to explain that was not the case, but whoever I was talking was having no part of it.

I don’t care how good their headphones are now. They are very rude company, that does not answer emails and phone calls. (I tried over several days to get them on the phone)

On top of that they have the audacity to sell on without the basic security measures in place. This is unforgivable. You have no business selling on the internet if you can’t provide minimum basic security or don’t understand why it’s necessary.

IMOP this poorly run company that happens to have a good product.

They seriously need to get their act together!

Gradoboy

Aug 14, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #8 of 91
If they're so horrible, then just grab a pair of regular Grados. At least they can be bought for less than MSRP.

Aug 14, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradoboy
I got them on the phone

Then why the hell didn't you purchase the cans you wanted at the same time?
confused.gif
As MD1032 suggested - if you're that worried there's always brick and mortar Grado sellers...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 14, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #10 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
Then why the hell didn'y you purchase the cans you wanted at the same time?
confused.gif
As MD1032 suggested - if you're that worried there's always brick and mortar Grado sellers...
rolleyes.gif

he wants allesandros

Aug 14, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #12 of 91
Aug 14, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #13 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle
he wants allesandros

I know, but as far as i'm aware the only place to buy Alessandro's is from Alessandro (I may be wrong - wouldn't be the 1st time!) If he's that put off by the security certificate issue then the next best thing is a pair of Grados from a store - security not an issue... Just trying to be helpfull
smily_headphones1.gif

*edit* Just read immtbiker's post - there's your soloution...

Aug 15, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #15 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by josh files
There are some serious security problems with Alessandros site at the moment, I dont recommend ordering from them at the moment. Their security certificate is expired and is registered to a differant site. Wasnt sure what forum to post this in.

How do you check this for any site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back