Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jan 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #2,911 of 4,141
Nice, the longer cable would be perfect for desk use. Now I don't to order the standard 3 meter cable for that, which is indeed somewhat long for desk use.

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #2,913 of 4,141
Jan 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #2,915 of 4,141
I plan to mod the new cable to balanced 4-pin XLR jack. Anyone have the same idea?
I do also have that plan. I was going to make one as I have the connectors and wire but this just might save me the time to do it even though I might still buy some litz wire from Toxic cables to make one myself. Still I like that Senn has stepped up and made this right awesome customer service.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #2,916 of 4,141
Still I like that Senn has stepped up and made this right awesome customer service.

Unbelievable customer service. From both them and Massdrop. It would have been enough to allow people to swap them like was originally planned, but this is next level awesome.

Now when I'm listening from my phone while doing stuff around the house I'll have the perfect (shorter) cable for that. Then the longer one for desk use. Very nice!

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #2,917 of 4,141
Unbelievable customer service. From both them and Massdrop. It would have been enough to allow people to swap them like was originally planned, but this is next level awesome.

Now when I'm listening from my phone while doing stuff around the house I'll have the perfect (shorter) cable for that. Then the longer one for desk use. Very nice!
Agree pretty sweet.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #2,918 of 4,141

Good news everyone!
Axel and Sennheiser have agreed to send out an additional 6 foot cable to everyone in the drop.
No returns, replacements, or forms.
Sennheiser is still working to finalize the production schedule with the cable supplier and we will update everyone once we have an estimated date. Once the date is finalized we will also send out an email to confirm everyone’s shipping address.
In the meantime you don’t have to do anything except make sure you’re getting email alerts.
Cheers

Greetings from the Philippines. I ordered the Sennheiser HD6XX via a Freight Forwarder. Will I still be able to avail of this cable? I'd be okay if it weren't possible.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #2,919 of 4,141
Greetings from the Philippines. I ordered the Sennheiser HD6XX via a Freight Forwarder. Will I still be able to avail of this cable? I'd be okay if it weren't possible.

Massdrop will ship it to the shipping address they have on file for your HD6XX. If that's your forwarder, it will go there. Perhaps you could could make special arrangements with Massdrop or your forwarder.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #2,920 of 4,141
Just spent a few days with my 6xx's. It's my first good headphones. But I can't tell the difference between it and my old pair, the HyperX Cloud2's besides the fact that one is open and one is closed. Is there something wrong with my ears?

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #2,921 of 4,141
  Just spent a few days with my 6xx's. It's my first good headphones. But I can't tell the difference between it and my old pair, the HyperX Cloud2's besides the fact that one is open and one is closed. Is there something wrong with my ears?

What is your source? You probably need a decent amp. They will be a million times better than your other cans, you just need to feed them. It is worth the extra money.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,922 of 4,141

I can't say that I expected this, but I am not surprised. I have always been treated very nicely by both companies.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #2,923 of 4,141
Any reason, why they are sending the cables ?
Anyways i have HD650 cable and also Cardas cable.

But curious to know the reason.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #2,924 of 4,141

The original cable was meant to be 6" but the one that came with the HD6XX was shorter. So they are sending out the 6" one.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #2,925 of 4,141

The cable they shipped everyone was only 4ft or so.  So they are sending out a 6 footer as advertised.

edit: damn ninja'd lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back