Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jan 15, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #2,882 of 4,141
  It's my bad, I'll quit posting here.

I was just joking, you don't have to stop posting here. Comparisons are what it's all about. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #2,884 of 4,141
Ended up selling my HD6XX, good phones and worth trying just not really needed since I own the HD800S which I find quite a bit better.
I certainly would hope a $1700 headphone would sound better than a $200 one by a big margin.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,885 of 4,141
So I sent my 6XX to Sennheiser USA service dept in CT per their website instructions (right channel died after two days) and got a shipping notification from them a few days later. Looks like they are sending me a new HD650 as replacement. The shipment is coming from Wisconsin and should be here tomorrow. Notice the item number and description. Hopefully its a proper HD650 so I won't have to bother massdrop for a longer cable. The dream.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,886 of 4,141
  So I sent my 6XX to Sennheiser USA service dept in CT per their website instructions (right channel died after two days) and got a shipping notification from them a few days later. Looks like they are sending me a new HD650 as replacement. The shipment is coming from Wisconsin and should be here tomorrow. Notice the item number and description. Hopefully its a proper HD650 so I won't have to bother massdrop for a longer cable. The dream.

Yep...Sennheiser's pretty good...had my HD700s in twice no question asked.....I actually contacted them directly about the cable and brought this to their attention.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx/talk/619356

"We will exchange the cable if you need a longer one. As a fast solution I can offer HD 650 cables (length is 9.84 ft.) because we have some of them on stock. The 6 ft. version will take longer as we have to produce them first. I have no confirmation from our cable supplier yet, but I guess it will February or March until we have it.
I am very sorry and I apologize for this.
Axel Grell “

I believe I have one on the way...: )

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #2,887 of 4,141
Have to share, I made a 6XX cable for a friend who likes 6 strands and here it is... turned out awesome! Aka no love for the stock 6XX cable :)

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,888 of 4,141
Have to share, I made a 6XX cable for a friend who likes 6 strands and here it is... turned out awesome! Aka no love for the stock 6XX cable :)

I love that paracord coloring. Can you link me to it?

Sexy cable, by the way. Well done. I'll be making myself one here an a bit. I may use that same paracord.

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #2,889 of 4,141
I love that paracord coloring. Can you link me to it?

Sexy cable, by the way. Well done. I'll be making myself one here an a bit. I may use that same paracord.

Pm sent, and thank you.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,890 of 4,141
  .....I actually contacted them directly about the cable and brought this to their attention.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx/talk/619356

"We will exchange the cable if you need a longer one. As a fast solution I can offer HD 650 cables (length is 9.84 ft.) because we have some of them on stock. The 6 ft. version will take longer as we have to produce them first. I have no confirmation from our cable supplier yet, but I guess it will February or March until we have it.
I am very sorry and I apologize for this.
Axel Grell “

I believe I have one on the way...: )

Arrived in the mail today.
smile.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,891 of 4,141
Nice, still "sold out" at the local Sennheiser website.
Did you need to pay for it at all or does Sennheiser/Massdrop provide a free cable?
Is it needed to send to short cable back?
Topic at Massdrop seems quiet.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2,892 of 4,141
  Nice, still "sold out" at the local Sennheiser website.
Did you need to pay for it at all or does Sennheiser/Massdrop provide a free cable?
Is it needed to send to short cable back?
Topic at Massdrop seems quiet.

It was free....just emailed a copy of my invoice and quoted the Massdrop announcement from Axel Grell....no request for the original.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,893 of 4,141

It was free....just emailed a copy of my invoice and quoted the Massdrop announcement from Axel Grell....no request for the original.

Could you kindly indicate the exact e-mail address to which you sent your request?

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #2,895 of 4,141

Each country is different so if you're in the States I'd assume it would be this one.
https://service.sennheiserusa.com/

or choose from here.
http://en-ca.sennheiser.com/service-support-contact-service-partner-worldwide

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back