Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone?
Dec 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #451 of 633
I have not found a way to not have to turn it on every time.

There's no need for amplification...very easily driven...they're wireless.

I've got the RS170 and highly recommend upgrading the earpads, though.  The worse than pleather and the super soft filling are ridiculously uncomfortable.  Sadly, the information on Senn's website about replacement parts is not accurate.  Earlier in this thread I posted up the proper part number...if you need it, pm me and I can go get if off my Senn receipt.  Huge upgrade for me personally. 

I find the sound pretty good for a wireless....it is what it is.

HS

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #452 of 633

I just bought the Sennheiser RS 180. I'm pretty excited given the good reviews that this product got. Unfortunately Sennheiser discontinued the RS 220 as I originally had my eyes on that headphone. Anyway, the intention is to use this with the TV. However, is it possible to use the RS 180 with the PC/Mac? Any other accessory like amp that I can use to further improve the sound? Would you guys recommend the 180 for use with the PC and listen to music or watch movies?

Thanks!

Hi Sgt_Strider,

As HemiSam has mentioned, no amplification is required. You may use the RS 180 with PC/Mac and listen to your music. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #455 of 633
There are some who take out their velour RS180 pads and prefer the leatherette - it takes all sorts!

Mine get used every day, I couldn't do without them now. Mostly for TV/Youtube stuff but a bit of music on them always sounds really good too.

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #456 of 633
I didn't mind the RS 170 pleather so much as the cushion/foam inside it was ridiculous...would crush down very easily and then one's ears lay against the drivers...and not much foam between driver and ear...very thin.

Sound and connection is good, though.  Strange design that the unit has to be turned on manually at each use, though.

HS

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #457 of 633
Just as a clarification, but will the RS 180s pair with the Base Station of the RS 170 and vice versa?

Also, will any of them work with the RS 220?

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #459 of 633
What I was referring to was buying one complete set (Either the 170 or 180) and just getting the other set of cans. Would be nice if Rosmadi could pitch in.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #460 of 633
  What I was referring to was buying one complete set (Either the 170 or 180) and just getting the other set of cans. Would be nice if Rosmadi could pitch in.

Yeah...I got that.  I was betting you could not do it but now that I'm thinking about it more you can pair up to four sets of cans and the both use KLEER so the only issue is one of signal lock (I was thinking back on when I had multiple pair of the RF style...years back).  You might be OK, but I wouldn't bet money on it.  Why not just call Senn technical service or the sales dep't and ask?  

You do know one is open and one are closed cans, I'm assuming.  The pads on the 180 are light years better than the 180's.

Best of luck.  

HS

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #461 of 633
I know. I'm just wondering, seeing as it would be helpful in case I needed to setup a multi headphone setup somewhere. Yes, I know the differences between the cans (Open and Closed. Advantages and disadvantages for both are something I'm familiar with), but at the same time, I know that they use a similar wireless technology standard, and I've looked around on numerous sites about the possibility of use of the two with one station.

I'll take you up on asking Sennheiser, though, seeing as it would be helpful in a potential purchase.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #462 of 633
Hi Silent Xaxal,

Yes, you may pair the HDR 180 (receiver) to TX 170 (transmitter) and HDR 170 to TX 180. Check this earlier post.

And as HemiSam has mentioned, the RS 170 and RS 170 are not compatible with RS 220. 

Quote:
  Just as a clarification, but will the RS 180s pair with the Base Station of the RS 170 and vice versa?

Also, will any of them work with the RS 220?

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #463 of 633
I bought the Sennheiser wireless 180 and am finally free of cables ! I move around a lot. The sound is terrific , great bass too, they out preform the Sennheiser Pro HD 380 I have soundwise.  I had thought to buy the Sennheiser 650 or even 800 but decided on wireless and I'm very happy.  There are also wireless Senn 220 but in some places I read that the extra money is not worth what they have on them.
I can roam all around the (small) apartment of mine and have gone quite far outside, it penetrates  past the stone walls and very far in distance.

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #464 of 633
Hi everyone,

Just want to inform that we've launched our new RS line at CES 2015. Here's the press release:

Your sound, set free
Sennheiser’s new RS line defines a new standard in digital wireless home audio

Las Vegas, 6 January 2015 – Wireless and compromise free: The next generation of Sennheiser’s RS line, launched at CES creates a new performance benchmark for digital wireless home audio. Powered by a new class-leading, proprietary wireless link technology, the RS 165, RS 175, RS 185 and RS 195 deliver best interference-free sound.

“Whether you’re enjoying home cinema, or seeking to catch every detail of your favourite music, digital wireless sets your entertainment free  – letting you immerse yourself in sound,” said Oliver Berg, Product Manager at Sennheiser electronic. “As the leader in the digital wireless headphone market, we are taking this vision even further with our new RS range. Combining state-of-the-art wireless technology with our expertise in high-performance wireless audio, the headphones deliver authentic sound at the highest ranges. With great design and supreme comfort, they create a personal experience to treasure.”

Sennheiser’s new proprietary wireless link technology delivers class-leading performance for wireless headphones: Operating on the 2.4 GHz band, it offers highly reliable connectivity with low latency and excellent range - with the RS 165 offering up to a 30 meters range and the RS 175, RS 185 and RS 195 letting users enjoy their entertainment at up to 100 meters from the transmitter.

“Through everyday life and also today’s technology-rich environment, our homes are ever more noisy in every sense. Using advanced digital wireless audio transmission technology ensures we can deliver high-quality sound for a great personal experience while, behind the scenes, efficient management of bandwidth ensures effortless co-existence with existing radio equipment in your home, for best interference-free listening,” said Oliver Berg.

Four models for different demands

Each new model offers a distinct sound experience to address different needs and tastes: The RS 165 provides a vibrant listening experience with optional bass boost. The RS 175 offers even greater involvement in the home entertainment experience, with its choice of virtual surround sound modes and switchable dynamic bass.
Delivering a rich yet balanced sound for the ultimate listening experience, the RS 185 – which, unlike the other new models features an open design – provides incredibly detailed, uncompressed sound for optimal wire-free HiFi-listening. It also offers a manual input level control for perfectly tailored unaltered sound. 

With the RS 195, Sennheiser has expanded its wireless range to provide a high performing solution that can also help address specific personal hearing needs. Dedicated pre-sets and modes can increase speech intelligibility and tailor the sound to the user’s preferences to enhance the listening experience, whether watching TV or listening to music. The new headphones offer optional digital optical inputs available on the RS 175, RS 185 and RS 195.

Designed for modern homes and modern lives
Sculpted in clean, elegant lines, the headphones and transmitters with charging function share a discrete, premium aesthetic that aligns form and function.

All headphones in the range feature plug-and-play setup, simple intuitive controls, and easy charging for up to 18 hours of listening. An around-ear design provides excellent levels of comfort for even long periods of use, making them the perfect companion to home audio video systems.

The new RS digital wireless headphones will be available starting from January.

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #465 of 633
  Hi everyone,

Just want to inform that we've launched our new RS line at CES 2015. Here's the press release:

Your sound, set free
Sennheiser’s new RS line defines a new standard in digital wireless home audio

Las Vegas, 6 January 2015 – Wireless and compromise free: The next generation of Sennheiser’s RS line, launched at CES creates a new performance benchmark for digital wireless home audio. Powered by a new class-leading, proprietary wireless link technology, the RS 165, RS 175, RS 185 and RS 195 deliver best interference-free sound.

“Whether you’re enjoying home cinema, or seeking to catch every detail of your favourite music, digital wireless sets your entertainment free  – letting you immerse yourself in sound,” said Oliver Berg, Product Manager at Sennheiser electronic. “As the leader in the digital wireless headphone market, we are taking this vision even further with our new RS range. Combining state-of-the-art wireless technology with our expertise in high-performance wireless audio, the headphones deliver authentic sound at the highest ranges. With great design and supreme comfort, they create a personal experience to treasure.”

Sennheiser’s new proprietary wireless link technology delivers class-leading performance for wireless headphones: Operating on the 2.4 GHz band, it offers highly reliable connectivity with low latency and excellent range - with the RS 165 offering up to a 30 meters range and the RS 175, RS 185 and RS 195 letting users enjoy their entertainment at up to 100 meters from the transmitter.

“Through everyday life and also today’s technology-rich environment, our homes are ever more noisy in every sense. Using advanced digital wireless audio transmission technology ensures we can deliver high-quality sound for a great personal experience while, behind the scenes, efficient management of bandwidth ensures effortless co-existence with existing radio equipment in your home, for best interference-free listening,” said Oliver Berg.

Four models for different demands

Each new model offers a distinct sound experience to address different needs and tastes: The RS 165 provides a vibrant listening experience with optional bass boost. The RS 175 offers even greater involvement in the home entertainment experience, with its choice of virtual surround sound modes and switchable dynamic bass.
Delivering a rich yet balanced sound for the ultimate listening experience, the RS 185 – which, unlike the other new models features an open design – provides incredibly detailed, uncompressed sound for optimal wire-free HiFi-listening. It also offers a manual input level control for perfectly tailored unaltered sound. 

With the RS 195, Sennheiser has expanded its wireless range to provide a high performing solution that can also help address specific personal hearing needs. Dedicated pre-sets and modes can increase speech intelligibility and tailor the sound to the user’s preferences to enhance the listening experience, whether watching TV or listening to music. The new headphones offer optional digital optical inputs available on the RS 175, RS 185 and RS 195.

Designed for modern homes and modern lives
Sculpted in clean, elegant lines, the headphones and transmitters with charging function share a discrete, premium aesthetic that aligns form and function.

All headphones in the range feature plug-and-play setup, simple intuitive controls, and easy charging for up to 18 hours of listening. An around-ear design provides excellent levels of comfort for even long periods of use, making them the perfect companion to home audio video systems.

The new RS digital wireless headphones will be available starting from January.

Thank you for the update.

Is there any summary of what is changing between the ones we have already purchased and the new RS line?

HS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back