Sennheiser MX 980 Expression
Jun 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #256 of 283
Quote:
So I cleaned them (thanks autoexec) but there was still a sound difference, checked everything, whether it was my laptop and phone, my ears even aha but it was the buds. I sent them into Sennheiser under the warranty and they did not have the replacement part :/ But they have now said that they will give me the MX985, should be here tomorrow or Friday :) 

Cool! The new MX985 is still the same as MX980 but different volume control and plug right? That's nice.. Give us some feedback about the sound! MX98* is really the ultimate earbuds but is so expensive that makes them look like overpriced, they're not really in my opinion. In terms of accurate imaging and pure sound quality. They may not reach the low-end rumble but they're intended to. Macro detail is superb!

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #257 of 283
Quote:

Cool! The new MX985 is still the same as MX980 but different volume control and plug right? That's nice.. Give us some feedback about the sound! MX98* is really the ultimate earbuds but is so expensive that makes them look like overpriced, they're not really in my opinion. In terms of accurate imaging and pure sound quality. They may not reach the low-end rumble but they're intended to. Macro detail is superb!

So I thought I would post after burning them in (they also took about a month to get to me after my previous post, so much for Friday aha) and I have to say, although they are great, if you already have the 980's, then there's no point upgrading. Although I do like the new jack, its much better, its not as bulky and the part that moves is a big improvement as if you move, it twists with you so it doesn't unlplug. The volume control doesn't get accidentally moved either which is nice. The sound quality is just the same I feel. It's just had a bit of a make over but I feel the quality is better and it seems more sturdy to me. The carrying case is lovely, I much prefer it over the old one and have more confidence in it. Also, the box that the headphone's come in is not as impressive as the 980's, that one looks more expensive and impressive. Finally, the headphone driver is shiny on the 985's, I think it was matte on the old 980's if i'm correct? But with the foam pads on it you won't really notice it, I am indifferent to which I prefer.

I apologise that this focuses on the aesthetics rather than the sound quality but there is not much difference, it's all in the look really in my opinion. However, I do not understand the lower price as the sound quality is the same but cosmetically and usability wise, they are definitely an improvement.

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #261 of 283
  Quote:
  I apologise that this focuses on the aesthetics rather than the sound quality but there is not much difference, it's all in the look really in my opinion. However, I do not understand the lower price as the sound quality is the same but cosmetically and usability wise, they are definitely an improvement.

Thanks for sharing your impressions! :)

OMX980 in my Ukraine for 57Euro. Maybe i will buy them.

However if you're in a hot country like where I live (Philippines), getting the OMX version is not a wise decision since the rubber hooks get stiff/brittle overtime with hot environment, mine was torn into pieces earlier this year. They last only for over a year or so. But I guess Ukraine is a very cold country so you won't have any problem. :wink: And, you won't regret the 980s drivers just in case you haven't heard them. Spoiler: Very accurate imaging! The only HPs I can compare their imaging with is the HE-400. Nothing else (GR07, RE-400, DT1350, TF10) touches their accuracy of instrument placement. And you will surely be in love with their resolution especially the mids.. Sorry if I said too much, just a die hard MX 980 fan here. :)

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #263 of 283
that's very cheap!! got mine for like 300usd.. :/

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #266 of 283
warm if not neutral DACs I suppose, as they have a tendency to be harsh sometimes. They don't need much amp really, they're great even when paired with small DAPs such as IPOD nano 4th gen...

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #267 of 283
Today i received my first pair of premium earbuds, Sennheiser MX985 .... and i'm amazing the sound quality thas, for a unused technological, It's a sound so natural.

would be a shame not  take advantage of the latest MX985 units available for sale.

Very very happy. 
beerchug.gif

PS: and yes, i will not sell you my pair of precious MX.
devil_face.gif

May 15, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #269 of 283
  Anyone have information to buy parts of MX980/985? I lost my adapter rubber-ring for MX980. 

These?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rubber-ring-for-earbuds-15mm-16mm-MX980-MX985-OMX985-MX880/32324321353.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.41.ODrc3V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back