Sennheiser MX 980 Expression
Dec 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #246 of 283
sorry for double post.. oh well, mine too are rarely used. i use mx980 most of the time too.

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #247 of 283
I lost the rubber pad that originally come with the earbuds. Any recommendation on where I can get a spare rubber ring?

How is the sound of MX980 compared to OMX980?

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #249 of 283
Is the MX980 still the best earbud for this fit/style?

Its just i'm thinking of getting another pair of headphones/earphones because these keep falling out of my ears and the foam pads keep popping off and therefore i'm losing them which is very annoying! I bought some more from the website late last year but now I can't find a page for any accessories for this earbud. They don't sell the earbud, or the MX880 and i've never seen the MX985 for sale either...

So I was just wondering whether I should just stick to these (and somehow get some foam pads) or maybe venture out to get something else, if its the same quality (or near) because I really don't want to downgrade soundwise.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #250 of 283
Quote:
Is the MX980 still the best earbud for this fit/style?

Its just i'm thinking of getting another pair of headphones/earphones because these keep falling out of my ears and the foam pads keep popping off and therefore i'm losing them which is very annoying! I bought some more from the website late last year but now I can't find a page for any accessories for this earbud. They don't sell the earbud, or the MX880 and i've never seen the MX985 for sale either...

So I was just wondering whether I should just stick to these (and somehow get some foam pads) or maybe venture out to get something else, if its the same quality (or near) because I really don't want to downgrade soundwise.

You can try the OMX 980 if you really want the sound signature or the technicality of the MX 980 earbuds. They're the same except with the hooks and the noticeable higher price, lol. For me, sound quality-wise, MX/OMX 980s are still the best earbuds.

May 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #251 of 283
Just used my headphones and noticed the audio is much louder in the right ear bud than the left one. Volume is full on the headphones... I noticed this after having to have my volume (via phone or laptop) much louder than I normally would. Has anyone else had this problem?

May 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #252 of 283
you sure it's not just a dirty 3.5mm plug/jack? My pair is 2 years old and still got no problem. I use it everyday.

May 23, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #253 of 283
Oh, could be, that's why I wanted to post on here for solutions.

What could I clean it with?

May 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #254 of 283
a clean cloth should be sufficient..

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #255 of 283
So I cleaned them (thanks autoexec) but there was still a sound difference, checked everything, whether it was my laptop and phone, my ears even aha but it was the buds. I sent them into Sennheiser under the warranty and they did not have the replacement part :/ But they have now said that they will give me the MX985, should be here tomorrow or Friday :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back