Sennheiser MX 980 Expression
Oct 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #226 of 283
Quote:
Listening to my MX980's right now and love them!

The only problem I have is that you know the rubber bits right on the end/outside of the buds, one of them keeps coming off, i'm lucky that i've always found it and now everytime I use them or take them out I have to check to see if the rubber bit is still on it. Is there any way I can get a replacement? They aren't as comfy without the rubber ring. Its just a shame for the price that they are and it started happening only a few months after use. I do take care with them as well like all my things.

I've had mine for over a year and I sometimes remove the rubber to clean it with baby wipes, but it's never detached by itself. Maybe you are not using the ear pads? Or maybe you have put them incorrectly.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #233 of 283
How can I forget the jack? I have a CX985 review sample and the new jack is excellent. There should also be a new case, which seems to be the reason for the delay of release.

Agreed about having no reason to upgrade, but the usability improvements and the lower price is great for silly people like me who missed out on the MX980. I will definitely get my hands on a MX985, but it looks like I'll have to import since there are no plans to release them here in the US.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #234 of 283
Quote:

That is strange. I have had mine for well over 2 years (I dug through all my posts to find the exact date which was June 3rd, 2010 when I received them) and have never had a problem like that. I do not even remeber what htey look like without the covers as they have never fell off. 

Have you made sure that you put them on properly? The rubbery covers I mean.

Quote:

I've had mine for over a year and I sometimes remove the rubber to clean it with baby wipes, but it's never detached by itself. Maybe you are not using the ear pads? Or maybe you have put them incorrectly.

Hmm, weird then. I've never put the ear pads on over them, I don't really like the foamy feel. Also, they come with the rubber covers on them already, I didn't have to put them on (i've also never taken them off purposely). I've bought these straight from the Sennheiser website in April and it started happening only a month or two after.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #235 of 283
without the foam pads the bass is significantly lacking and treble is more pronounced for me.
I wouldn't want to use them without the pads.

Give it a try.

Earbuds are very fit dependent. The foam pads help to achieve a better fit.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #238 of 283
Quote:

Hmm, weird then. I've never put the ear pads on over them, I don't really like the foamy feel. Also, they come with the rubber covers on them already, I didn't have to put them on (i've also never taken them off purposely). I've bought these straight from the Sennheiser website in April and it started happening only a month or two after.

Use the foam man, it really improves SQ. You should get used to it for a couple of days.

Quote:
Also, if you can't get a deep and secure enough fit, the high-mids around the 5khz region actually exhibit a resonant type of property. No problem with a good fit though. 

True!

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #240 of 283
Hi everyone, just a quick update, I did put the foam pads on and they are so much more comfortable! I can wear them for much longer and the buds don't fall out as easy. I have noticed a slight difference in sound quality but not that much tbh. The rubber like rings aren't falling out now the foam pads are on (although the foam pads are falling off now haha but they are much easier to replace!) Anyways, just want to say thanks for the advice everyone :)

Anymore news/reviews on the mx985?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back