Sennheiser MX 980 Expression
Jul 20, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #196 of 283
I live in the philippines too, Do you store them in direct sunlight? Badtrip naman yun tol. :p

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #197 of 283
nope... its just happened so fast. probably maybe its too hot, and the wires have already served me well, and asking for replacement...hehe..

warm weather + some sweat + rolled cable in the pocket..
bad combination probably.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #198 of 283
Forgive me if i'm wrong- this is the main sennheiser mx980 thread on headfi.

I'm actually stunned that it's only 14 pages long.

Such a woderful earphone deserves a much bigger round of applause in my opinion.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #199 of 283
Yeah, I guess head-fiers tend to focus much on in-ears/headphones due to micro detail retrieval abilities. These are exceptional earbuds though. If you're not in the mood to give that much attention to micro details and just want to enjoy music, MX 980 is perfect. Though the highs can be edgy at times.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #200 of 283
They have their own great sense of detailing. For me they don't lack in that regard. The highs can get slightly edgy at times that's a bit true, although fitting them properly for me eliminates this problem. And by that I mean seating them slightly deeper in the ear.

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #201 of 283
True. You can hear the main subjects very detailed, I think it's "macro detail"? But what it lacks is micro details which you won't really hear from earbuds..

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #203 of 283
Quote:
True. You can hear the main subjects very detailed, I think it's "macro detail"? But what it lacks is micro details which you won't really hear from earbuds..

i disagree.
actually, i do hear more details in this buds than in any closed/open in earphones of what brands.
this is the REAL definition of ANALYTICAL for me.
very detailed, even if its only an earbud.

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #206 of 283
Quote:

i disagree.
actually, i do hear more details in this buds than in any closed/open in earphones of what brands.
this is the REAL definition of ANALYTICAL for me.
very detailed, even if its only an earbud.

What any closed/open in earphones of what brands are you referring to? I'm referring to the likes of GR07/DT 1350s, where you can hear every single nuances present in the recording. While the MX980 is detailed, whereas you can hear the detail of the string from the wood of the guitar, you cannot hear the sound of guitarist's finger leaving the string (of course it would depend on the recording but there's the idea). It is detailed yes, but as physics limits it (being an earbud), you can't hear micro details on it. Don't confuse with the standard musical detail, because these earbuds' detailing is phenomenal, I even prefer the detail of its mids than on GR07. You just won't hear every nuances present in a recording. Again, micro details.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #207 of 283
in particular, thru side by side comparison, the ue700 by ultimate ears.
i hear MORE of whats in my music than in my dual ba.

like the sm3, a triple ba iem, too much mids, when you hear the treble department, it is lacking, where the rock and pop genres would sound unnatural.
though i find the jvc fx700 to be natural and true to the timbre of instruments, still, the mids is a little disappointment.
these two maybe the best ive tried in the 300usd bracket, theres still somewhat wrong in how they were tuned.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #208 of 283
I really love how this earbuds are voiced. Almost without coloration but never boring, maybe due to how lively its dynamics are. Spectacular earphones really. The sounstage are also exceptional.
However, your ears must be in good condition to enjoy these. I find the highs fatiguing and the bass lacking when my ears are already tired from excessive periods of listening. And also, you should be in a quiet room such us when listening to an open-back full-size headphone to get the most of its SQ.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #209 of 283
Quote:
in particular, thru side by side comparison, the ue700 by ultimate ears.
like the sm3, a triple ba iem, too much mids, when you hear the treble department, it is lacking, where the rock and pop genres would sound unnatural.
though i find the jvc fx700 to be natural and true to the timbre of instruments, still, the mids is a little disappointment.

These would be perfect sounding phones if it's not:
- lacking micro details (due to the fact that it is an earbud)
- lacking sub-bass (again because it simply can't for it is just an earbud)

Everything else seems perfect, all frequency that can be heard from them is very detailed and well textured. o_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back